USCIS updates processing time!!!!

kay05

Registered Users (C)
Uscis website has updated their processing times. hopefully i get my interview letter soon :)

They gave me the opportunity to a law suit. They are 6 months behind for me.
Sick of this whole process

Did you read the lawsuit sticky? There's a user there who goes by the name of lazycis. He's very knowledgeable and helpful. Ask him to point you in the right direction.

Sorry to hear about the delays in your case. I understand the pain.

I was stuck for TWO YEARS in the name check. I had my interview just yesterday. My PD is 12/4/06.

This sucks - I know.

AP

tabaliya, congrats ... that is too long. During that time did you contact anyone or InfoPass appointments? How did you make it happen? At thsi stage I just think they forget about us if we don't speak up.

Vorpal, thank you so much. Someone in the sticky posted great information for before interview suits :)

for those who have been waiting for long or stuck in the name check process...those dates are irreleveant...those processing dates posted are for people with relatively normal procesing tome of 6 months or so.

I applied 880 days ago and I never bother checking any processing times ...my PD is way before the posted dates.:rolleyes:

tabaliya, congrats ... that is too long. During that time did you contact anyone or InfoPass appointments? How did you make it happen? At thsi stage I just think they forget about us if we don't speak up.

I was preparing myself for a WOM and hired an attorney in August to help with it. I consulted four different attorneys and each of the advised waiting for 18-24 months before filing WOM since that is the time immigration judges in MN tend to be sympathetic to petitioners (any less was deemed too soon by all of them for a WOM to be successful).

On Dec 4 2008 it would have been exactly two years since my PD and therefore I was prepared to file a WOM on Dec 5 :). As luck would have it, I received a 2nd FP in late Sep and then two weeks later, the interview call - which was done last Tuesday. What a relief! I now have to wait another 2-3 months before the oath letter arrives.

In the meantime, yes, I wrote to all and sundry, did the FOIPA (main and cross reference) with the FBI, letters to USCIS - just about anyone. But I don't think any of these matter one bit. The only thing they listen to is a lawsuit, if enough time passes and all else fails.

AP

I am at 16.5 months. So by the time (with Thanksgiving) that I have completed the WOM and cross-referenced code sections, I should be filing in December, which would be 17 months. Someone posted a MTD denided int he sticky today. I fear the same, but I have to try

I am at 16.5 months. So by the time (with Thanksgiving) that I have completed the WOM and cross-referenced code sections, I should be filing in December, which would be 17 months. Someone posted a MTD denided int he sticky today. I fear the same, but I have to try

MTD (Motion To Dismiss) is filed by the AUSA (Assistant U.S. Attorney) on behalf of USCIS in response to just about every WOM lawsuit brought against it. Denial of MTD is a decision in favor of the Plaintiff (the applicant). As you can see, this is a very positive thing. Don't fear it, embrace it! :)

OMG, I should go back to school for the bar, lol

It doesn't make sense to me. But you everyone here is so knowlegable and I need hope, so I will take your word for it