USCIS tracker

m_img

Registered Users (C)
I'm starting this thread to post latest times at the USCIS.

Please post your times here. If you have submitted H1b petition as soon as DOS approves and forwards to USCIS, did you get H1b in 15 days with premium processing OR is it delayed because USCIS has not processed DOS recommendation.

Please post your experiences here this year.

Thanks,

Submitted my application to USCIS on Feb 24th and at the same time submitted for H1B (regular with the option of upgrading to premium processing). I was waiting for Georgia Medical license. Once I received the license, H1B was upgraded to premium processing on March 24th. Received my H1B and I612 Approval on April 4th.

Sunandi,

Were your I612 and H1b1 from the same service center? I'm trying to find out if premium processing helps approval of I-612 sooner.

J1 waiver approval at Nebraska

Hello,

Anyone have experience or currently/recently J1 waiver application at Nebraska Center. Their web site says call them if it is more than 60 days since DOS sent them recommendation. I think this is standard message for all the USCIS centers. Mine is at early stage. DOS sent them recommendation on April 27th.

Another question, can USCIS find my application by Social or just by receipt number???

Thank you,

my application is being processed at the Nebraska center as well. it was sent from dos on April 20th. my lawyer told me we could ask a local legislator to speed up the process of the final J1 waiver approval once we know the receipt number, but I haven't received one yet...so I assume they would need to know the case number, but I don't know it for sure.
please let me know if you find out differently...

midwestfp,

You're a week ahead of me. I recieved DOS letter last week. I have not recieved USCIS receipt number. I'm not sure if that receipt number will be sent to lawyer only or it will be like DOS letter which was copied to the lawyer and me.

My lawyer is very slow. He has not reported that he has received the letter.

Please let me know when you get the receipt number.

Can USCIS track a case by Social Insurance Number? I'm not sure. May be some more experience ones can shed some more light on it.

Thanks,

I received a receipt notice from the BCIS on 5/13 stating that they received my application from the DOS on 5/9.The DOS website said the recommendation was sent on 4/27

olaosunt,

DOS web site also says that mine was sent on 4/27.

Which USCIS office your recommendation went to/

Was receipt mailed to you or to your lawyer?

Thanks,

IMG,
It was sent to the Nebrasaka center.
It was sent to me(I am not using a lawyer-can't afford one!).
A colleague of mine said that his took as little as a week,but this was back in March when perharps they had less volume.Lets keep our fingers crossed.
I am planning to send the 1-129 next week

olaosunt,

I'm wondering what is the advantage of sending I-129 before USCIS's approval? You probably be sending without premium processing, correct?

As I understand you cannot send COS before the approval of J1-waiver by USCIS.

Thanks,

want to apply I-129 right after DOS approval, but....

want to apply I-129 petition right after DOS approval, but I haven't received DOS letter which I think I need for applying I-129 petition. My file was received April 19 and DOS approval on May 12, but still I didn't receive DOS letter. DOS web site says it sent recommendation (to USCIS) on May 12. still do I need to wait until I have DOS letter for I-129 petition?

another question is it really makes difference if i file I-219 with DOS approval (without waiting for USCIS approval). I already have Medical license. Thanks in advance.

I-129

My understanding is that you can apply for I-129 anytime you want to but do it without premium processing if you're applying before USCIS approval.

But....

I still don't understanding what do you get by applying I-129 before USCIS approval. Most people I know, upgraded I-129 to premium processing after USCIS approved the waiver.

Anyone got approval from USCIS with May receipt

Anyone recieved approval from USCIS when USCIS got DOS recommendation in May/june. Please specify when USCIS recieved it, which USCIS center and when it was approved.

Mine states that last updated on 6/3 with no status change at Nebraska Center. They received it on 5/6.

What does this mean, name check or something else?

Hi,
my DOS recommendation was sent to USCIS TSC on 5/13, and USCIS received it on 5/16.
My I-612 was approved yesterday, 6/8
Hope this may be of some help to you

Approval letter and I-129

midwestfp,j1971,

How did you find out that your case was approved? I checked my status online and there is no change. Last updated date was changed though. I called them and they did not have anymore information than what was on the web site.

My local Senator and Congressman's office called me today and advised that it was approved on June 8th. I believe they are correct because both of them confirmed this.

Second, will the approval letter will go to the lawyer or to me and how long would it take?

Third, if I submit I-129 without receipt of approval, is USCIS is going to ask for it or they'll check it themselves? If I submit I-129 now and get the approval letter next few days, should I send the approval letter later or just hold on to it.

Thanks,

How did you find out that your case was approved? I checked my status online and there is no change. Last updated date was changed though. I called them and they did not have anymore information than what was on the web site.
I found out on the USCIS website on 6/9, though it stated that it was approved and mailed on 6/8.
I havent received the I-618 yet, though i expect it will be sent to my lawyer since he received the receipt, but i'm not really sure.
My lawyer actually filed my H1B application in same day with premium processing, however i don't know if he sent it after knowing that my I-618 had been approved or he just assumed it be approved soon.
I dont even know if he has received the I-618.
Hope it all works out OK for you too

Definitely, once you receive the approval letter. i think you should forward that on to USCIS too. Safest thing to do i'll presume