USCIS Texas Service Center waiver process???

lemihya

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, I have a question about my visa J1 waiver process... The DOS already send the faborable recomendation and I recieved a copy of the letter that DOS sent to the USCIS in Texas. Now my question :confused: is somebody have and idea about how long does it will take for the USCIS have a final desition about my case?? By yhe way my case is a No Objection....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as far as I know all the cases for the waiver based on No objection goes to Vermont center! I don't know about Texas center.
The fav. recommendation for my case was sent to Vermont on August 1. by DOS. I got the approvale notice on August 21. (saw it online) and got it by mail on August 27. So you just need to be patient.

Good luck!

Hey I dont understand something do you said that all no objection files go to Vermont??? but the copy of the letter that I got from the DOS went to the USCIS Texas Service Center...somebody can give me an idea about it??:confused:

Hi, I am also requesting a waiver of the 2 year restriction. The DOS received all the proper documentation to provide a recomendation based on a No Objection Case. The final determination of the DOS was a favorable recomendation. Everything was sent to the USCIS on June 29th, 2007 (TWO months from today). So far, I haven´t received any news (even the receipt No.) from the inmigration services. My case was sent to Texas Service Center.

I don´t know what to do.

When was your case submitted to the USCIS.

Thanks

my case was approbed by the DOS in agt 07, I get the copy of the letter in agt 14, and them I am just wating....but I am very confuse because somebody said that all the no objection files are send to Vermont why are files were sent to Texas?? do you try to call I try and they ask me for a recip number and when I give them my case number they said cant do nothing with that number.

Lemihya, where r u now. Send me your no. (Private mesage) and I call you so we can disscuss and share our cases.

Hi lemihya,

Regarding the fact that your case was sent to Texas center and not Vermont you shouldn't be confused for what I said. That's what I read somewhere and also heard, might be different in your case. I don't know. Regarding the recip number from USCIS, they won't be able to use the case number from DOS so don't expect them to give you the recip number based on your case number from DOS. They need will ask your name, date of birth and address and then give you recip number.

DOS online update - HELP ME

Hi folks:

I have applied for J-1 waiver based on No Objection from Home Govt. The Indian embassy has sent No objection statement to DOS on 26th July and it has been one month...still DOS website says - No objection requested.

I sent couple of faxes and even sent that NOC received embassy to DOS to receive on 21st Aug. No updates YET. Called many times but no help as Public Enquiry People say they dont know anything.

Can someone help me how to solve this issue.

thanks

lakksh,
Almost the same thing happened for my case too. The no objection was sent to DOS by my home embassy and it took 20 days to appear on DOS website. I thought it got lost in the post service and every time I called I got different answers from DOS but they finally got it. So just be patient.

lakksh,
Almost the same thing happened for my case too. The no objection was sent to DOS by my home embassy and it took 20 days to appear on DOS website. I thought it got lost in the post service and every time I called I got different answers from DOS but they finally got it. So just be patient.

thanks rosw_uw.

finally DOS updated today - received date as 28th aug though they have received it on 1st Aug from my Embassy. its weird

how long it took for u to get fav recommendation from DOS after online update.

My home embassy sent the no objection on July 13. and DOS put the received date July 31. (the same day I saw it on their website!!) and they sent the fav. recommendation to USCIS on Agust 1. So that part was quick!

Hey I dont understand something do you said that all no objection files go to Vermont??? but the copy of the letter that I got from the DOS went to the USCIS Texas Service Center...somebody can give me an idea about it??:confused:

Dont worry. Even though mine is Conrad 30 J1 waiver, the same thing to happened to me. DOS sent the fav, reco to USCIS, Texas service center ( as per the copy i got ). But the final approval of J-1 waiver approval was was sennt by USCIS, Vermont center. I was confused about that tooo.. but in the end getting the waiver is all that counts