USCIS telephone system problem, it may affect you...

blueblack

Registered Users (C)
I filed my I-485 in April 2004. Since the last (7/19/05) large scale LUD change, there is nothing. I noticed something very strange: one month ago, I tried to call the 800 number (although I knew it's totally useless), after I keyed in my case number, the machine told me that there was a problem with their system so it can not find the information on my case. Today, I tried again trying to get to TSC using the trick by POJ, the machine said the same thing. So I can not continue to get to TSC at all. I was trying to find out my Name Check status. Does this message (system problem thus case info not found) occur to any of you? If it's really a system problem, it should affect many cases, I believe. So please try to see if you hear the same after you key in the case number.
Thank you,
BlueBlack

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not true!!!

It is not a system wide problem. I tried calling them yesterday, and had same problems using my receipt number. Finally, I decided to key in my wife's receipt number, and guess what there was no problem!!

I do not know why that is the case. It may be that they know that my case is past their processing date, and they are trying to minimize calls for this reason. Anyway, after I got through using POJ's method, a very nice lady Mrs. Garcia answered and told me that my namecheck from FBI is still pending, and nobody knows how long that may take. It maybe up to a year. Even better, there is nothing anybody can do about it except wait and keep my all my other plans on hold!!

I would try using another receipt number, maybe your spouse's or maybe EAD receipt number.

contact senator

In my case i am not sure if i should believe my senator.....But ins did confirm that they have received the name check results...fingers crossed here ...c signature

If you check the internet it probably says that they responded to your request for more info............. blah blah blah, what happens is that they do not have a voice message for that online status, so don't worry so much, once the LUD changes to someting else you will be able to check your case by phone.