USCIS Sucks or what??? your take..

hopefull1

Registered Users (C)
Recently, I applied for EAD. My current EAD was to expire on Feb/27/2006, so I applied 90 days ahead of deadline as recommended. I got the EAD approved in 4 days but the card validity sucks. It is valid from Nov/30/2005 till Nov/29/2006. So effectively I got it extended from Feb/06 to Nov/06 (9 Months). What a rip off. Now I am suppose to prepare in August for the inevitable renewal.. What the freakin hell is this.. another 180 bucks down the tube.. I am so mad and frustrated..
Whatever happened to the yates memo of multi-year EAD approval???

try on 11th Month

hopefull1 ,u r lucky that u got EAD before time.
try on 11th Month and will see how helpless you can become if it does not get approved on time.You can yell ,scream ,u can do whatever u want but some dumb terminal will remind u about 90days req and will ask you has he answered all your qestions?

hopefull1 said:
Recently, I applied for EAD. My current EAD was to expire on Feb/27/2006, so I applied 90 days ahead of deadline as recommended. I got the EAD approved in 4 days but the card validity sucks. It is valid from Nov/30/2005 till Nov/29/2006. So effectively I got it extended from Feb/06 to Nov/06 (9 Months). What a rip off. Now I am suppose to prepare in August for the inevitable renewal.. What the freakin hell is this.. another 180 bucks down the tube.. I am so mad and frustrated..

< 9 Months !!!

Actually it will be less than 9 months if we go loosing 3 months every time (- 3 months every year).

Why can not they issue EAD valid for 2 to 3 years ?
Why $180 for this easy work of #20 ?
Severe retrogression needs us to apply EAD every year many years. Can not be the process of GC more simple than this much complex, erroneous and uncertain ?

Well. For these questions, we can guess answers easily. I mean answers as simple as a single word "Exploitation". Any more suggestions who follow GC policies historically ?

guldukan said:
here I am renewing for third time every 9 months,

This is a good revenue folks !! And they know it very well !! The more time we are stuck with the retro the wealthier they're going to get.

I would like to know, the figures for EAD, AP processing.

Are there any doubts ...

moroni said:
This is a good revenue folks !! And they know it very well !! The more time we are stuck with the retro the wealthier they're going to get.

I would like to know, the figures for EAD, AP processing.
Guys and Gals,

Is there any doubt that this whole process is a mess and a great way for the government to make money. Honest tax paying immigrants are the easiest to abuse. We can't vote, we have to pay taxes like everyone else and are not eligible for any of the benefits, most of us add value to the economy through our skills and investments but have no say in anything around us. To top it all of, most of us are tied to our jobs so most of our companies know that they can get away with working us like crazy and paying us less money. The list goes on.

The bottom line however is that WE chose to be here and have to deal with this. If any of us try to raise our voice against unjust rules and unfair treatment we are told to "Go back to our country because no one is forcing us to be here." Sadly, that is the truth but it cannot be used to justify this blantant abuse at the hands of incompetent government workers.

The popular old saying that "When in Rome, do as the the Romans do" can be slightly modified in our cases to read "When in America, do as the Americans SAY". That about sums up this whole situation.

regards,

saras

hopefull1 said:

Its not always true that your EAD will renew from the date you applied. On the cover letter you have to specify (preferably in BOLD) when your current EAD is expiring and when you want the new one to be renewed from(that will be usually the next day). This will trigger when your new EAD should be effective from. Maybe this is not always valid but this worked for me.

Thanks for sharing this info.. We all can learn from this and next time give it a try... You'd think though that those nincompoops would know what to do with the copy of front and back of your existing EAD's, you think.. But they are no more than just the rubber stamps themselves.

How does it hurt to renew the EAD on the date of expiry

For the last 2 years i have been filing for my EAD renewal 2 days prior to the Expiry of the EAD. It takes about 3 weeks for TSC to respond back but they have been doing their job in getting my card back with no lapse in coverage of the EAD.
Has the trend changed recently or has anyone run into issue with delayed submission ?.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Vik.

EB2/TSC/Retrogressed Country :p
PD - Oct 30 2000. :cool:
485 RD - Sep 24 2002.
485 AD - :rolleyes: :eek: :( :mad: :confused:

If you maintain dual status ie your H1 is still valid then its not an issue. But if you are only on EAD, then you cannot work if your EAD has expired. Thats why people apply in advance so that they can get interim EAD after 90 days (if its still not approved)

Got EAD correctly

I got my 2nd EAD with correct dates. My current EAD expires in Feb'06 and the new EAD is valid till Feb'07. And It took 5 weeks to get ASC appointment for digital photo+Fp after e-filing and after completion of FP, I got card within 4 days.

On e-filing I got an RFE asking for digital photo+FP which advised to take the RFE to ASC and ASC stamped date of Photo+FP appointment on it which I was requested to send back to TSC. I believed that the reply for RFE served as a reminder which triggered approval.

I called TSC to verify whether they received my response on RFE. The lady I called is so nice and told me that they received RFE response and my card is in mail and I received it next day.

On request, she patiently verified that my name check was also completed recently for 485. Till now I am a bit worried that name check is pending for so many cases. But in my case it went smoothly.

I have to say that TSC processed all my applications very efficiently so far.

EAD issue

It is unpredictable, I got mine extened from 11/06/2005 to 11/05/2005 and for my wife it is from 01/10/2006 to 01/09/2007. We both applied at the same time. I really dont know how they work.

Thanks