USCIS response for Pending NAME CHECKS!

same here,.

I had sent an expedite request citing that FBI didn't receive request from USCIS for name check. It was addressed to director of VSC. Some dumb head sitting there sent out a fax to me which is exactly same as what I received last month for my status inquiry. Why can't they tell that their system communication with FBI is broken down instead of blaming on lack of man power. or is it lack of intelligent man power :confused: Totally disgusted at the USCIS behaviour :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Experts Advice

Hi,All the experts: I am just thinking if we apply the advance parole will force them to clean name check? will they check your background and name befor they approve the AP?

AP and name check

Any sane person would feel that Name check and DOB should be cleared before issuing the visa (advance parole). As we all know no sane person works in service center.

Even after 2 APs and 2 EADs USCIS has forgotten to check whether FBI cleared it or not? 3rd EAD for my wife is pending and I will be applying for 3rd AP and 3rd EAD in another three weeks. So it will be nthEAD and nth AP before GC is approved :( :(

Not only AP, In the begining of Last Month, I have applied for my EAD and I was assuming that USCIS will initiate a Name Check for atleast EAD, but it didn't happen so.

All we need to do now is to join as a team and contact our respective representatives to try to resolve this deadlock issue.
timaeuti said:
I don't think so. AP does not seem to require name check.
Isn't that funny?

Well,
Imagine what might happen if some "Sane" :mad: person [say, from TX] decrees NameCheck for AP and EAD........
As it is these folks are taking their own sweet time to approve EAD/AP.
In [EAD/AP] NameCheck case, we would all be wondering when this namecheck will get over before we receive our EAD/AP.

Who knows, by the time EAD/AP arrives, 485 itself might come through :)....

Just like HMO where you will get cured:)/killed:( by the time you get an appointment with a physician....

AP and EAD (namecheck)

When people go over visa stamping now-a-days, name check has become mandatory. some are stranded for long time. It won't be long before USCIS starts implementing 'AP can be issued only when Name Check is cleared'. Let us see and hope that I485 gets out before that happens.

If CIS received the reponse "NO DATA FOUND" (or something like that), does FBI still assume that the results have been sent?
So, if FBI responds to my email (requesting namecheck status) saying that the results of namecheck have been sent back to CIS, I wonder they also include the "NO DATA FOUND" responses. If that is true, even if the reponse was received by CIS, we are not sure if the namecheck is "really done".

Any thoughts on this??

Hi, all the experts: If we can not use EAD and AP to triger VSC to clean the name check, what can we do? how long does FBI reply name check status inquiry if we send e-mail to ask them?

hakoonamataata,
Nobody knows once the name check is done with FBI, what response is actually sent to USCIS and it is quite possible that it can have "NO DATA FOUND" as a response too.

All you can do is to be optimistic and assume that FBI has sent a valid response which USCIS accepts to process the applications otherwise you will again be worried all the time.

vapg,
Join the new thread which rajudm has started and share your issues if you fall in that category. If you send an email to FBI today, you will probably hear from them after 5 to 6 Months as they are working on Mid-Oct 04 emails and they move like One week in a month or so.

Name check pending with FBI more than a year

Folks,
My name check was send to FBI in by end of March 2004( as per name check status request email) but it is still pending with them. My wife's name was cleared in one day eventhough the request from USCIS was made same day. Please let me know what are my options here.

Thanks