USCIS phone # to check the status

hsjin76

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I haven't received the interview letter ever since my finger print on 6/22/09. (The online status is still the same - case is pending) I'm about to plan an overseas travel in a couple of months, therefore, hopefully i can get the letter soon.

I have read somewhere in this forum that somebody called an USCIS pffice to check their status and got the information about when the office sent the letter and the exact interview date over the phone.

Well, i want to call them tomorrow.
Can somebody let me know the USCIS number?

Thanks.

Thanks.
I called the number above and the lady said that they don't have an access to the interview letter information. I was wondering how the other guy here at the forum got the exact interview date info over the phone. Is that the same number?

Thanks.
I called the number above and the lady said that they don't have an access to the interview letter information. I was wondering how the other guy here at the forum got the exact interview date info over the phone. Is that the same number?

You will have to tell the initial CSR who comes online that you need to talk to someone about <whatever issues you have> and that you would like him/her to escalate the call to the next level to an officer who may have that info. That is the second level IO everyone here refers to.

Here's the trick, you have to lie a little .....

Call, and tell the initial CSR that you sent in you N-400 application a while ago (ie: Dec/Jan), and you haven't received ANYTHING or any notice and the check hasn't cashed. She will then say she needs to escalate this to a higher level officer. Boom, she transfers you to an actual IO who works in another office and has no idea why/what the call is about. You then begin your real questions and they will help you, and they are usually nice. The 2nd level actually has a computer infront of them, with real access to answer questions by looking things up, not like the first level, which seems to have a manual in front of them that they read back to you.....

FYI what type of info you can get is always different, I called and they were able to tell me my Oath letter was sent out, but they couldn't confirm the Oath date set and I would have to wait for the letter, but they gave me the exact date which it was sent out...

that's a great tip~ everybody..
i tried the trick now..thanks
They transferred my call to a higher authority person and the lady said --
My interview letter is in the queue and i will get the letter momentarily. BUT nothing has been sent.
Does this mean any progress since the finger print?

Hm..i need plan my trip pretty soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a great tip~ everybody..
i tried the trick now..thanks
They transferred my call to a higher authority person and the lady said --
My interview letter is in the queue and i will get the letter momentarily. BUT nothing has been sent.
Does this mean any progress since the finger print?

Hm..i need plan my trip pretty soon.

Yes, this is good news. This likely means that your background and name check is complete and that you are awaiting to be scheduled for an interview.

You can guess the approx interview date

Hi, I haven't received the interview letter ever since my finger print on 6/22/09. (The online status is still the same - case is pending) I'm about to plan an overseas travel in a couple of months, therefore, hopefully i can get the letter soon.
I have read somewhere in this forum that somebody called an USCIS pffice to check their status and got the information about when the office sent the letter and the exact interview date over the phone.
Well, i want to call them tomorrow.
Can somebody let me know the USCIS number?

Thanks.

Judging from other people Interview dates you can guess approximately when your interview date could me. I guessed mine correctly and I did get my interview date according. 90 days from the time of application usually comes interview date.