Uscis Officer Has Given Me N-14..help Plz

TURK 75

Registered Users (C)
WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS ABOUT MY CASE,
in my N 400 appl. i did not mentioned my tag exp. and carelees driving charges with my DUI ,beacuse i consider those charges ordinary traffic violations, i only mentioned my DUI because it was the reason for my arrest ,although DUI has dropped to reckless driving as well as those two charges( tag exp. -careless drv.)have dissmissed BUT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT DUI WAS THE REASON FOR MY ARREST WHICH IT REALLY IS infact under the good moral character section of the N 400 application quest. 15-21 , if you say yes any of it you must give an explanation regarding to that particular yes, so i gave my truthful explanation which i said i was charged with dui , and arrested for dui but did not mentioned for thoise two little traffic violations along with my DUI ,NOW USCIS ASKED ME TO PROVIDE THEM N-14 DOC. WITH MY CERTIFIED COPIES OF MY ARREST REPORT AND COURT DISPOSITION I DID SEND THEM IMMEDIATLY AT THE SAME DAY those trafic violations will be shown in those reports although it will say in the court disposition DISSMISSED my question is woulD there be any problem about for me not mentioning in N 400 APLLICATION?would it make me a liar? do you think will she deny my case?
i just can't sleep ...my intention was not to hide them or anything i just thought that they were not the reason for my arrest thats all .
thanx for your supports and ideas.
murat tastan

Not much you can do now - the die was cast when you decided USCIS didn't need to know about those other citations. Send the requested paperwork and hope for the best.

To Turk75,

The new N400 Instructions explicitly seperate DUI (alcohol or drug related) from other minor traffic violations. You can try to use that to support your initial action to mention DUI but skip the two other less serious violations. In my personal opinion, this does not sound too serious, since it does involve different interpretation of the laws. If you did not mention DUI, it'd be definately a moral issue. Now it's all in the hand of that one officer who processes your case, and determines whether you have good moral character or not.

When you submit your N400, did you submit any documentation to explain, such as court deposition etc, or you simply checked YES and listed it in the table? If you did not submit any documents and did not bring anything with you to the interview, it's perfectly normal for the officer to ask for more details about the arrest & DUI. Can you explain a little bit more about the interview, and what did the officer do and say? This is a very subjective area, therefore very much depending on the actual situation and the specific officer. Good luck! Please keep us informed about your case, and, for God sake, do not drink and drive, no matter where you live.

co1hz said:
To Turk75,

The new N400 Instructions explicitly seperate DUI (alcohol or drug related) from other minor traffic violations. You can try to use that to support your initial action to mention DUI but skip the two other less serious violations.

Unfortunately the only thing the new N-400 says is you don't have to provide documentation for offenses with a fine less than $500 and no arrest. It does not say that you don't have to mention them, although many people (myself included) do take that view.

So I think the outcome really depends if the IO is looking favorably upon your case. Since these citations occurred in conjunction with an arrest for DUI, you are probably not in such a good position as you would have been without the related tickets.

Hi Boatbod,
Did you actually mention your minor traffic tickets on your N400, and what is the outcome (interview etc)? I'll be submiting my N400 very soon, and still wondering if I should mention my 2 tickets 6 years ago. Please share your first-hand experience. As you said, people do have different opinions on this. Thanks in advance!

co1hz said:
Hi Boatbod,
Did you actually mention your minor traffic tickets on your N400, and what is the outcome (interview etc)? I'll be submiting my N400 very soon, and still wondering if I should mention my 2 tickets 6 years ago. Please share your first-hand experience. As you said, people do have different opinions on this. Thanks in advance!

I've only ever had the one speeding ticket, approx 7yrs back with no chance of getting paperwork, so I didn't mentioned it and the subject never came up during interview. That said, I think I'd feel a little differently if the citation was more recent and the paperwork had been available.

i I WAS FIRST SENT MY N-400 AUG 17 2006
NOV 2006 FINGERPRINT
DEC13 2006 INTERVIEW( AT THE AND OF THE INTERVIEW I WAS ASKED TO SEND COURT DISPOSITION AND ARREST REPORT ,WITHIN A MONTH AND I SENT THEM THE SAME DAY WITH TRACING NUMBER MAIL , INCASE IT GETS LOST OR SOMETHING)
TODAY JAN 17 I MADE THE PHONE CALL TO USCIS AND FOUND OUT THAT I WAS ACCEPTED, I AM SO HAPPY I HOPE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE RESPOND FROM THE USCIS WILL HEAR THE SAME THING AS I DID TODAY..
DEC 26 APPROVED
JAN 17 I FOUND OUT ....... BUT I STILL HAVE NOT GOT THE MAIL YET ..
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST
ANYONE HAS QUESTION ABOUT MY CASE I WOULD LIKE TO ANSWER IT.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU

inmy interview i was asked classical questions and as you know that i was given this n-14 form ...
i never mentioned my trafic citationswhich i have at least 15 of them i only mentioned my dui case which the chrage was dropped at the time to recles driving...
my advice to u never lie
second advice be yourself when u re responding io
third of all look in io 's eyes
u probably know all these
take care and let me know the status of ur case
i am curious
murat

TURK 75 said:
WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS ABOUT MY CASE,
in my N 400 appl. i did not mentioned my tag exp. and carelees driving charges with my DUI ,beacuse i consider those charges ordinary traffic violations, i only mentioned my DUI because it was the reason for my arrest ,although DUI has dropped to reckless driving as well as those two charges( tag exp. -careless drv.)have dissmissed BUT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT DUI WAS THE REASON FOR MY ARREST WHICH IT REALLY IS infact under the good moral character section of the N 400 application quest. 15-21 , if you say yes any of it you must give an explanation regarding to that particular yes, so i gave my truthful explanation which i said i was charged with dui , and arrested for dui but did not mentioned for thoise two little traffic violations along with my DUI ,NOW USCIS ASKED ME TO PROVIDE THEM N-14 DOC. WITH MY CERTIFIED COPIES OF MY ARREST REPORT AND COURT DISPOSITION I DID SEND THEM IMMEDIATLY AT THE SAME DAY those trafic violations will be shown in those reports although it will say in the court disposition DISSMISSED my question is woulD there be any problem about for me not mentioning in N 400 APLLICATION?would it make me a liar? do you think will she deny my case?
i just can't sleep ...my intention was not to hide them or anything i just thought that they were not the reason for my arrest thats all .
thanx for your supports and ideas.
murat tastan

How did they find out about your other tickets anyways? Did you provide them with copies of only those couple tickets or all of your 15 tickets?