USCIS now shows local INS office Processing times

Not a bad move

If the information they provide is current & accurate, it would really help everybody in general. Atleast we will be aware of how fast or slowly things are moving. It is definately a good move. Now they have to speed up resolving cases only then they would deserve a full credit of improving services.

Times' accuracy questionable though !

I agree. This is a great move. But I am not sure if the times are accurate. I compared some of the times for N-400 with the posts that I had seen. I saw major discrepancies. For example, I had heard and seen in some sites that Milwaukee time was really fast. Sometimes even less than 6 months but the chart says they are processing June 2002 !

Eric

Could you pl. post the URL where you saw USCIS local office time posted ?

Thanks

san Antonio

Yes, website says processing May 2003 for N400 while I know somebody from previous thread got interview notice in 2 months! MAybe these are worst case scenarios!!

Re: san Antonio

Originally posted by phillydude
Yes, website says processing May 2003 for N400 while I know somebody from previous thread got interview notice in 2 months! MAybe these are worst case scenarios!!

NO. I think they are correct. For Example we heard on this forum that San Antonio takes 6 months and the table shows 6 months. So probably the table is correct and up to date.

Please check all center times and then let us discuss again. What do you say?

The I-131 dates are atleast wrong. My aunt applied for it in July 03, no word yet, my uncle in Oct '02 he just got it with the help of a Congressman!! The original proc time was listed as over 400 days

I'd be wary of these processing times.

Eric, Choyty, Rahul Kumer,

Thaks for posting the URL.

I think for Chicago I know some people who completed
N400 process in less than 7 months! But according to table
it appears to be 9/10 months.

BTW, here is URL where Chicago Oath Schedule is posted.
http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/Press/ceremony.cfm

By changing "il" to "ca" (California) for example and using the base URL you might be able to get similar schedules for other
states/locations.

There also I noticed Chicago has multile Oath ceremonies per
month and while SFO has 2 per month and some offices have
only 1 per 2 months... one reason for delay in oaths!

Another incorrect info

To me this is another confusing information about processing, in addition to AILA. At least with N400.

My lawyer came back from liasion meeting with USCIS where she was informed about different times that are posted here.

The dates here are VERY conservative. They don't want to be flooded with status inquiries that's why they push dates back somehow. (at least for N400 in San Jose).

Just my theory.