USCIS notification on application

LMBrian

Just wondering on what USCIS use to notify petitioner they have received an application package? Do they notify once they receive it or when they actually open it? I know there is a G-1145 form but this is just for applications through their lock-box facilities. Thank you

USCIS will issue a receipt number to the petitioner (your employer) by snail mail and/or email.

The receipt number is a unique 13-character identifier that USCIS provides for each application or petition it receives. The agency uses it to identify and track its cases. The receipt number consists of three letters-for example, EAC, WAC, LIN, SRC, NBC, MSC or IOE-and 10 numbers. You can find it on notices of action USCIS has sent you.

Your employer should provide you with the receipt number . You can check status online at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

For me it took about two weeks for my employer to provide receipt number. Things are likely slower during COVID19 situation, but USCIS is still operating.

You can create and online USCIS account and be notified of any changes to the petition by email.

When on TN status, my employer provide receipt number for the H1B application. And later the I-140 application.
The AOS, I-485 and I-765 filed with I-485 are technically your applications, not your employer. The lawfirm provide receipt numbers for myself and family of AOS applications.

Thank you Amberleaf. Just hope we get this package, (I-129 and I-539), away this week before anything else changes!

Can someone please shed some light to my situation below.

My husband and I both live in the USA. Husband is Canadian, and I am Lebanese/PR of Canada. My husband works in the USA under TN status, and I had the TD status. Both visas recently expired, so my husband renewed his TN status at the port of entry, and I was sick at the time and couldn't go with my husband so I had to complete form I539. I recently received I797A - Notice of Action - which states that my extension has been approved.

My question is: I would like to travel abroad and re-enter the USA... Can I do that ? Or do I need to apply for a TD visa to re-enter?
If I need to apply for a TD visa, what options do I have (aside from port of entry)? DS160? I was looking at the DS160 application, and first question was "Select a location where you will be applying for this visa" - USA is not one of the options (I live in the USA). Can you help me please? Thanks!