USCIS No Longer Sends out "Receipt Notices"

j1waiver_seeker

Registered Users (C)
I called USCIS today and the lady told me that they no longer generate letters with Receipt Notices? So I then told her that what do I do if I want to change my address. She then looked in their records and then gave me my receipt number. I found this a bit odd because how does one get to know what their receipt number is? ......I guess you have to call the service center to get the number........

Does anyone know anything about this?:confused:

I got the receipt number from USCIS for another application (not J1 waiver) that I made just a month ago. So I guess they still send receipts.

Reg my J1 waiver, I am changing my address soon. Can you point me the procedure to record change of address? I am still in the DoS stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the receipt number from USCIS for another application (not J1 waiver) that I made just a month ago. So I guess they still send receipts.

Reg my J1 waiver, I am changing my address soon. Can you point me the procedure to record change of address? I am still in the DoS stage.

You can call the DoS ( Public Inquiries Division at 202-663-1225) to change address.