USCIS Inquiry says I-485 denied but EAD has been approved after that.

ajju15

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 petition is pending with Texas Service Center since October 2002. In fact I got my last EAD renewal approval on Feb 7, 2005 (much after the inquiry below) and I got the EAD card too. I got very concerned from the latest update as I have changed the job lately.

On 1/7/05, USCIS updated the processing time for TSC on its website. As per the update, TSC was processing the I-485 for December 2002. Per the instructions on its website, I called the USCIS customer service center inquiring my case status. I received a letter from USCIS on 1/28/05, which says that the status of my I485 service request is:

“This case was denied on 03/05/2003. The denial notice, with explanation, was mailed to the address of record on 03/05/2003.”

The best I can think of is, this update is from the old denial. I had received letters from USCIS (dated March 06, 2003) stating my I-485 and EAD petitions had been denied based on the denial of my I-140.

After that Motion to reopen the case was filed and my I-140 petition got approved. Then I received another set of letters from USCIS (dated May 8, 2003) stating that my I-485 and I-765 petitions denials have been withdrawn as I-140 petition has been approved.

I had the following processes since the mentioned denial date (March 5th, 2003) in the message:

1. Fingerprinting on 11/5/04
2. I-140 approval on May 8, 2003
3. Second EAD approval in March 02, 2004
4. AP (I-131) approval on July 09, 2003
5. First EAD approval in May 2003

I am surprised with this update in spite of all the above approvals /follow ups. My attorney had sent all the necessary documents with above inquiry response letter on 1/31/05, but there is no response from TSC so far.

Is it a matter of big concern? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Don't worry. Ask your attorney to write a letter with a copy of the response you received explaining the facts...

INS has several databases. One for EAD. One for I485 etc..

Normally I485 update is not properly done by INS. Till the approval point of time, I485 will reflect the old one.

I guess in your case the I485 database is not updated.

Also, beleive the following.

When i asked for my I765 status, the Imm.Officer said me that, your I765 is pending ...not processed. I asked her...there was a RFE....After little bit of heat of argument, she scrolled the mouse to the bottom of the page in the monitor and said....i am sorry...there is a RFE...blah...blah...

So, they are rediculous...without reading your case fully...they might have read first two paragraphs....(my guess).

Relax....Talk to Imm.Officer on your own.

By pass 1-800..number by saying "I am following up with Imm.Officer...She asked me to call again".

You can be connected to Imm.Officer directly by ...

Dial NCSC, then press 2-6-1-ENTER YOUR RECEIPT # - 3- 4 it will get
you directly to TSC. But you don't want to do this just for regular check.
They did not sound too happy at all

Good Luck.