USCIS had descheduled my naturalization interview three times in the span of the last

Marc Augstine

Registered Users (C)
USCIS had descheduled my naturalization interview three times in the span of the last year. I originally filed my N-400 application back in November 2004. My 1st interview was set to July, 2005 (was descheduled 3 weeks prior to date) 2nd interview scheduled for March 2006 (after I went to INS Newark office and requested clarifications subsequently that interview was descheduled within 4 weeks of date). Third interview was scheduled after I contacted my congressman office and was suppose to take place May 2006 just as the prior two before was descheduled as well.
What would be the best course of action to proceed? Suing USCIS and if so under what federal law?
Thanks

Marc

Welcome to the world of gov't brillance. A world dominated by efficiency, productivity and consistency. OR NOT!

I think this could have been caused by a number of reasons:

- DO understaffed for the days you had been scheduled.

- Background checks not completed.

- File(s) missing.

- DO trying to lighten their workload.

Have you made one of those 'great' InfoPass appointments again to figure out what is going on?

Cheers!

Legal

Thanks Legal,

Thanks Legal,
Yes I did go through Info-pass just to be told that file was requested back to Vermont from Newark and that still waiting for security clearness. I went through my finger printing 2nd time as it is only valid for 15 months as I been told by INS counter clerk at Newark which true to be told was sympathetic and helpful but could not do anything on her own. She went to manager who scheduled for an interview after a month conditional on Newark getting my file from Vermont. Interview was descheduled a week after that no reason giving of course. My lawyer send a letter to Newark office two weeks ago inquiring about the status of my file. She got a reply back stating that they have no details regarding my case as my file in Vermont
I just mailed Freedom of Information letter to FBI. We'll see what would happen.

Thanks