USCIS/DoS receipts

docny

Registered Users (C)
I have a question. When one files a case through lawyer, who gets to keep the original notices including approval notice.

It is yours. If the lawyer keeps it, just ask him/her to send you the original. He'll keep a copy of it. I would want to keep the original in my file. In my case, I sent him an email and he sent me the original.

Depends on what you file. Receipt notices for I140s and I129s go the employer who filed the petition. I485, I612 etc go to you.

Question

Can anybody help with these question:
1-Does DOS send a copy of recommendation to me or my lawyer, or employer?
2- My empolyer mentioned they don't do any paper work for my H-1b and LCA, my lawyer should do it, they just provid information? can my lawuer do that especially for LCA?
3- For proving my degree is higher than master , or equivalent to US degree, is My tranlated Medical diploma and ECFMG certification are enough, should i get any letter from my department?
4- is finishing residency equivalent with receiving degree in USA?
5- am i exempt for extra fee ( 1500 and 750$) for H-1 B visa?
6- Can i fill premium processing with I129.

Thanks

> 1-Does DOS send a copy of recommendation to me or my
> lawyer, or employer?

They send a letter to you. You filed the I612, you receive the approval. Typically, you and your attorney of record receive a copy (if you filed a G28 with your waiver application).

> 2- My empolyer mentioned they don't do any paper work for my
> H-1b and LCA, my lawyer should do it, they just provid information?
> can my lawuer do that especially for LCA?

The attorney typically sends a questionaire to the employer with question like # of employees, # of employees on h1b, gross receipts, profit, tax ID etc. An HR person from the employer will provide this information to the attorney. The attorney files for the LCA and fills out the I129 petition. The HR director or CEO of the employer double checks the info for correctness and signs the petition and the various declaration pages (promising not to fire a citizen in order to hire you, not lock out a union etc.)

> 3- For proving my degree is higher than master , or equivalent to
> US degree, is My tranlated Medical diploma and ECFMG certification
> are enough, should i get any letter from my department?

That depends a bit. For the H1b you don't need to prove a masters of higher. Any 4 year college degree will do. The masters or higher issue only applies if you try to apply for a green-card in the EB-2 category. And sometimes, you have to provide a degree evaluation if you have a 4 year medical degree such as a MBBS or MBChB.

> 4- is finishing residency equivalent with receiving degree in USA?

If you are trying to get into the extra 20.000 quota for US graduates: No.

If you are applying under the Conrad30 program, your H1b is cap exempt. If your waiver is based on hardship or persecution I don't believe you are exempt from the quota.

> 5- am i exempt for extra fee ( 1500 and 750$) for H-1 B visa?

I don't believe so. By the way: The petition fees have to be paid with a check drawn on your employers bank account. You are NOT allowed to pay those fees (you are allowed to pay the premium processing fee though).

> 6- Can i fill premium processing with I129.

Yes, and it is highly advisable. The premium processing center is separate from the regular batch processing center. They have a direct phoneline that your attorney can call to sort things out if there are any issues.

duration of medical school for degree ....

hadron said:
........... That depends a bit. For the H1b you don't need to prove a masters of higher. Any 4 year college degree will do. The masters or higher issue only applies if you try to apply for a green-card in the EB-2 category. And sometimes, you have to provide a degree evaluation if you have a 4 year medical degree such as a MBBS or MBChB.
correction here Hadron ......

MBBS, atleast from India, is NOT a 4 year medical degree. It is a 5 1/2 year degree. :D