USCIS Clarifies Criteria to Expedite FBI Name Check

rbarrage

Registered Users (C)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf

The USCIS says that it will no longer "routinely" request the FBI to expedite a name check when the only reason for the request is because a mandamus (WOM) or other federal court petition is filed in the case.

Given the use of the word "routinely," it is possible that the USCIS could still make an expedite request in certain exceptional cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about sunset provision in name check expedite

Hi,

First of all thanks for posting this pdf. I have been trying to get it from USCIS press release website; for some reason it is not accessible from there.

I am wondering about the second bullet in the criteria listed where it says "Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas,"

I am not sure what this criteria means; does it give some benefit to applicants who have already got lawful permanent reseidence through diversity visa and now stuck in name check during their N400 filing?

or

is it just for those who are stuck in the name check during the immigration as a lawful permanent resident based on diversity visa process?

or

neither of the above

Please explain; anybody?

Thanks

The tragedy in all of this is that USCSI does not see any risk in having an alien whose name check is held up for more detailed inspection who may well be here with bad intentions. It is more worried about the "harm to the US and its citizens" from expediting a name check but not from having a terrorist who is stuck in name check and staying on until they do harm the US or their name check report comes back conclusively to expel them.

Am I the only person here in seeing the danger to the US in year long or more delays in determining the security risk of an alien stuck in name checks?

Last edited by a moderator:
brb2

If the US gave citizenship to a person who does not clear the Name Check then the US public would give them hell. So being a Govt Organisation they cover their backs by doing a Name Check even if it takes a long time.

The tragedy in all of this is that USCSI does not see any risk in having an alien whose name check is held up for more detailed inspection who may well be here with bad intentions. It is more worred about the "harm to the US and its citizens" from expediting a name check but not from having a terrorist who is stuck in name check and staying on until they do harm the US or their name check report comes back conclusively to expel them.

Am I the only person here in seeing the danger to the US in year long or more delays in determining the security risk of an alien stuck in name checks?

No, you're not the only one, in fact I think the Citizenship Ombudsman has already pointed out this contradiction a few times. Hopefully something will be done soon.

name check is a non sense procedure

The tragedy in all of this is that USCSI does not see any risk in having an alien whose name check is held up for more detailed inspection who may well be here with bad intentions. It is more worred about the "harm to the US and its citizens" from expediting a name check but not from having a terrorist who is stuck in name check and staying on until they do harm the US or their name check report comes back conclusively to expel them.

I don't think anybody really thinks that they are accomplishing something tangible with this name check hell.

Somebody started this, and it will be there until somebody comes up with a better idea.
Meantime, we are being treated like criminals.
Who said life is fair!!!!!!!!!!

And what if some terrorist stuck in name check for 4 years committed a terrorist act? USCIS name check process would speed up then:)

If the US gave citizenship to a person who does not clear the Name Check then the US public would give them hell. So being a Govt Organisation they cover their backs by doing a Name Check even if it takes a long time.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf

The USCIS says that it will no longer "routinely" request the FBI to expedite a name check when the only reason for the request is because a mandamus (WOM) or other federal court petition is filed in the case.

Given the use of the word "routinely," it is possible that the USCIS could still make an expedite request in certain exceptional cases.

What about a divorce case? Will it affect the citizenship application? Or will it slow down the name check by FBI? Anybody has any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

What about a divorce case? Will it affect the citizenship application? Or will it slow down the name check by FBI? Anybody has any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

And this citizenship application is based on the five year GC requirement.

Thanks in advance.
Let's use a common sense. Do you see a reason why a devorce case should end up in FBI data base?