USCIS cashed checks for our I-485 applications

kid4life

Registered Users (C)
I am EB3 ROW with a pd in early 2006. My attorney says they applied for I-485 in late July.

Checked my bank account this morning and the checks were cashed on Aug 24th. My bank scans the check so was able to get the LIN #s (since our case went to NSC).

The problem is the date says Aug 21 2007. Is this my receipt date? Am I screwed because this date is after Aug 17 2007? Will they reject or return my application since the receipt date was not before Aug 17? Or am I ok, since they usually return entire application packets if the PD is after the current processing date and since they did not return my packet (as I have case number).

I am really confused as to if my lawyer screwed up and did not send my I-485 before the Aug 17th deadline or if USCIS screwed up since I thought USCIS said that the Reciept date will be the date they received the package not the day the processed it?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 21, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case

I would not worry too much. Since they cashed the checks, thats a good sign. Now you have your case number :) As far as the dates go, maybe the date will be 'notice date'. Receipt date will be the day they received the actual application. Either ways dont worry.

I applied along the same time you did, hopefully I should get a receipt in the next 1-2 months. Company lawyer sent the check, so no idea on the case number unfortunately.

kid4life,

That date on the message has no relevance to your Receipt Date. Don't worry. Your receipt date will be the date when USCIS is received the package.

Nabeel1,

My actual mailing date was July 24th. Based on my date, your checks should be cashed shortly. I am not sure how long the reciept takes to mail and if you would get a copy. I am wondering if we will get a copy of the receipt or if it goes only to the lawyer.

I would not worry too much. Since they cashed the checks, thats a good sign. Now you have your case number :) As far as the dates go, maybe the date will be 'notice date'. Receipt date will be the day they received the actual application. Either ways dont worry.

I applied along the same time you did, hopefully I should get a receipt in the next 1-2 months. Company lawyer sent the check, so no idea on the case number unfortunately.

I am EB3 ROW with a pd in early 2006. My attorney says they applied for I-485 in late July.

Checked my bank account this morning and the checks were cashed on Aug 24th. My bank scans the check so was able to get the LIN #s (since our case went to NSC).

The problem is the date says Aug 21 2007. Is this my receipt date? Am I screwed because this date is after Aug 17 2007? Will they reject or return my application since the receipt date was not before Aug 17? Or am I ok, since they usually return entire application packets if the PD is after the current processing date and since they did not return my packet (as I have case number).

I am really confused as to if my lawyer screwed up and did not send my I-485 before the Aug 17th deadline or if USCIS screwed up since I thought USCIS said that the Reciept date will be the date they received the package not the day the processed it?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On August 21, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case

Hey Kid4Life,
That's your notice date. I submitted mine on July 2nd. Online status says, it received on August 23rd. So dont worry. Thanks -

When should I receive my FP notice?

I am a July 2nd filer and my checks were cashed on August 14th. I also received my receipts from my company and the notice day is August 10th while receipt date is July 2nd. Can anyone please let me know when I should expect to receive my FP's?

FP notice can take anywhere from a few days to several months or even a year. There is no hard rule to it, except that you must give fingerprints before the green card is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawyer gets receipt

I filled out some G28 or some form that authorizes that lawyer to represent me. The receipt will go to them. If you want to leave your employer and invoke AC21, then you need 'your' lawyer to change this form for sure before you leave the company :)

Nabeel1,

My actual mailing date was July 24th. Based on my date, your checks should be cashed shortly. I am not sure how long the reciept takes to mail and if you would get a copy. I am wondering if we will get a copy of the receipt or if it goes only to the lawyer.