yren

I just successfully finished the whole process in Atlanta Center. My case:

Received Date: 08/08/2005
Notice Date: 08/15/2005
Priority Date: 08/08/2005
FP Data: 01/07/2006
Interview Date: 03/06/2006
Oath Taken: 03/06/2006

It took me total 7 months to finish the whole process.

I had a 9:25 AM appointment of interview. Arriving at USCIS Atlanta center at 9:13 AM, I got called in by an officer to start the interview around 10:20 AM. She asked me 3 test questions and let me read and write an English sentence. In the interview, I mentioned that I got a Red-light ticket 5 years ago, and she responsed that is OK. We finished the interview aound 10:40 AM, then I was put to the 11:00 AM Oath Ceremony. I got my citizenship certificate around 1:00 PM!

That is it, folks! It is really straight and simple.

Yi

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and good luck.

In what form was the civic test , they read the question and you answer verbaly or you read the questions and answer them verbaly ?

Thanks

Thanks

Congratulations, Good luck in the future.

Your thread was really useful, my boyfriend is just about to start the process in Atlanta. We were curious about the timelime. It was a great help.

Hi foreverafter,

When i took my interview test at Atlanta (Jan 17 2006) the Officer asked me the questions, and I answered verbally. After i passed the interview, i got my Oath letter on Jan 27th!

Also, just so everyone benefits from my experience, people who tend to have interview chedule for the early part of the morning will more than likely get to take the oath the same day. For people with interview time after 1pm are more likely to waqit for an oath letter. Also on that note there is inconsistency as to when to expect your oath letter. I got mine in 10 days, but I have seen otherson this forum who are still waiting on their Oath letter, who have taken their test a day after me!

Good Luck to all!

She read the test questions and I answered them:

1. What do the stars on the flag mean?
2. Who is the Vice President?
3. Who is the Governor?

The officer also told me that they conduct two Oath Ceremonies everyday at 11:: AM and 2:30 PM. If you can finish the interview before these two scheduled ceremonies, they will put you into one at the same day. All I brought with me to the interview are the appointment letter, my Green Card, and my passport(She didn't even look at it).

Yi

yren said:
I just successfully finished the whole process in Atlanta Center. My case:

Received Date: 08/08/2005
Notice Date: 08/15/2005
Priority Date: 08/08/2005
FP Data: 01/07/2006
Interview Date: 03/06/2006
Oath Taken: 03/06/2006

It took me total 7 months to finish the whole process.

I had a 9:25 AM appointment of interview. Arriving at USCIS Atlanta center at 9:13 AM, I got called in by an officer to start the interview around 10:20 AM. She asked me 3 test questions and let me read and write an English sentence. In the interview, I mentioned that I got a Red-light ticket 5 years ago, and she responsed that is OK. We finished the interview aound 10:40 AM, then I was put to the 11:00 AM Oath Ceremony. I got my citizenship certificate around 1:00 PM!

That is it, folks! It is really straight and simple.

Yi

You were lucky. My wife just came back from Atlanta. She drove 350 miles for the "interview" to find that her file was missing! It turned out, several people were in the same situation. One lady flew with kids from Germany to find the same. What a mess!

I applied togetether with my wife (May 2005) and didn't get the invitation letter at all.

Someone needs to fix the system!
Does anyone know whom my wife can complain to?

I would write to Senator Specter - who has introduced a bill to remove the clause which allows USCIS to be sued after 120 days of interview. I would also write to the NYtimes and Washington times and also lou dobbs:)

On a serious note USCIS is beyond correction. Outsourcing the work to smaller companies at each service center is the only way customer service can improve. The sooner the politicians do it the better.

friendly_jacek said:
You were lucky. My wife just came back from Atlanta. She drove 350 miles for the "interview" to find that her file was missing! It turned out, several people were in the same situation. One lady flew with kids from Germany to find the same. What a mess!

I applied togetether with my wife (May 2005) and didn't get the invitation letter at all.

Someone needs to fix the system!
Does anyone know whom my wife can complain to?

On your first notice after filing, how many days did it state -you should expect to be notified within _______ days of this notice - I filed From Atlanta and my letter syas 450 days.. RD-02-09-06

takati said:
On your first notice after filing, how many days did it state -you should expect to be notified within _______ days of this notice - I filed From Atlanta and my letter syas 450 days.. RD-02-09-06

It said the same in mine.

Yi

Atlanta Time Line

my time line in filed from Atlanta.

D/O : TSC
02/08/06 :N400 mailed to TSC
02/09/06 :N400 TSC Received Date
02/09/06 :N400 TSC Priority Date
03/03/06 :FP Notice received Date
03/22/06 :FP Appointment
XX/XX/XX :Interview NOA Date
XX/XX/XX :Interview NOA received