USCIS approval delay

If I apply fro premium process from now, will it help? CIS already sent me notice requesting for physical waiver itself.

Vivi2006

It may help or it may not help! But sure and certain, you will save time on your H1b approval once you get the CIS J1 approval. Since your H1b will be sitting in the premium basket, upon receipt of the J1 waiver letter they will approve it in couple of days...and upgrading your H1b may also push your J1 waiver. Are both pending in the same service center???

Many J1 waivers are pending with USCIS given scurity check etc.. including mine (IGA physician waiver) -- 3 months now. They are very randomly approved..there seems to be no specific pattern to it. I have also recently applied for H1b recently (regular processing). And I am not planning to upgrade it as I am not in a hurry to begin working...just waiting for the boards to be over!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gald you are here today.
which service cneter? when is your recipt date? Mine is April 4 2006, still no final approval. Thanks.

USCIS apporve my J-1 waiver with H1b simutaneously

Hi, Just want share my experience.

I got my favorable recommendation granted by DOS on June 7th, and the lawyer of the company filed my H1b immediately when I send them the I-612 receipt. I was just contacted this morning that my H1b has been approved, and I received the notice form USCIS that my J-1 waiver was approved today. My lawyer said that it is a standard procedure that USCIS grant the J-1 waiver for the purpose to approve H-1b. Mine is premium process. But my lawyer said that it is not related to premium or not. The lawyer could actually request the USCIS to approve the J-1 waiver if the H-1b has been filed and waiting for the J-1 approval evidence.

Yes it is standard procedure, unless your waiver is at a different processing center than your H1b and your officer is an idiot.

Applying for H-1 b after recieving DOC recommendation

Hi everybody
Would you please answer these question? Idon't have any lawyer
1- Can I apply for H-1 B as soon as I get my DOS recommendation( before INS approve my waiver?)
2- For start working, should i wait for waiver approval, or I can work after H-1 b Approval?
Thanks

Would you please answer these question? Idon't have any lawyer
1- Can I apply for H-1 B as soon as I get my DOS recommendation( before INS approve my waiver?)

you can apply for H1B after DOS approval and request the approval of the J1 waiver at the same time.

2- For start working, should i wait for waiver approval, or I can work after H-1 b Approval?
you can work after H1B approval however your J1 waiver time gets counted only after waiver is approved. the waiver clock starts from the one approved later ( if they are not approved at the same time).

I also just received H1B approval via premium processing but I 612 is still pending. On average, how long did it take people to get their waiver approval notices after h1b?

I also just received H1B approval via premium processing but I 612 is still pending. On average, how long did it take people to get their waiver approval notices after h1b?
You're posting in a thread that has not seen activity in over 10 years. Why not post in a new thread instead?