USCIS Announces Backlog Elimination Update, 11/9/04.

Pinch of salt

As long as people like CuriousGeorge, Pramod_Atlanta, and I are meandering like vagabonds by applying consistent pressure on INS and yet are left to be in a limbo, these bloviating kenodoxic press releases mean nothing and as such should be taken with a pinch of salt. :)

No dought that transfered case took more time we expect, the two local office u(atlanta) and c.george(miami) where case siting, are congusted,
giving u real example not trying to discourage, recently by chance came across a person from SR country who went for intervew (mia) two times, and was told to wait 90 days for decission in 2003, since 1.5 yrs has been pased and he is still waiting only decission....... I advised him to go there with attorney and probably luck is waiting ........ stop calling 800 they only read written script. and do whatever they are authorized.

u already have read about wolfman and C.George visited many times and got hard exp they both shared. in return W-man got a long list of RFE more beyond you can think. and they sent fp or doc to C.Grg on wrong old add. not sure it is co-accident or punishment.

wman have next month interview, hope he would share with us the result.

Not sure about u Poong....case (whenever I try to write ur name I have to scroll to read :D ). I understood it was transfered to Atlanta. if u like to shar short history would help others.

One thing is common I noticed, u + therealcanadian + C.George and one more person, you all from Canada citizen/res/lived there, they all took longer time then avg. I assumed u are not C-citizen or lived but u did applied for work-permit to canada... what triger so long to check B.G or what.......... noone knows. I am not sure may be u can put some light on this pattern ,,, all I am sharing what I abserved. may be there is some diff story ...............

Btw are u + C.George +w-man from SR country? and lived or citizen of Land of ice?

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like this is contradicting the other threads about priority dates being on effect early 2005 Gurus please comment

The report is for the 'management' (congress) not for the customer(you). So, there will be a lot of sugarcoating, may be the only thing there might just be that without any substance.

One of the things that threw me off my chair is they keep talking about 'average approval date'. To improve that, just keep the old case waiting and approving the new ones.

Average approval date is so useless.

chinabee said:
One of the things that threw me off my chair is they keep talking about 'average approval date'. To improve that, just keep the old case waiting and approving the new ones.

Chinabee

you can guess how recent approval reading this thread, this is lucky and blessed. who got 140 approval .....You guess???

--------------------- Thread copy -------
#15 9th November 2004, 03:44 AM
kris2500

Guys
My EB3 concurrent 140/485 application was filed on 1st week of September,2004 and my 140 was approved last week. I am planning to get married by Jan 2005. My LC priority date is March 2004. If EB3 visa retrogression takes place by Jan 2005, will I be able to apply 485 for my wife in Jan 2005? Thanks for the replies

-----------------------end ------------------------
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=140913

and Chinabee next time you read the update news read on ur car seat with safety belt. so you won't fall :D :D :D

Good luck

Notice there are barely any 2003 posters on any of these threads. I think by the end of this year, all 2003 filers will be approved and only us 2002 filers will be left.

I don't think this backlog reduction applies to us.

Cheers.

RD Aug 6, 2002
ND Aug 7, 2002
2 EADs, 3 APs
1st FP Sept 25, 2004

2003 ppl are not much posting and only posting when approved, becz most of them are conncurrent fillers, may be not familar with this fourm and posinting 'concurrent' 140 fourm. or may be waiting so 2003 cases are started....... only lucky ppl who got fp done and ready to process got approvals......... not all ......

Good Luck

Bull

I remember reading that the backlog reduction plan would put the processing time at 20 months by the beginning of FY2005. FY 2005 began Oct 1, 2004, and my status still shows "It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case" which, last time I checked was 27-29 months...

On another measure, 20 months should put the current processing date at Feb 2003.

In our dreams it does, yeah.

In reality, only we care, and nobody else seems to.

Well, they could move the processing date by an year even now. They are already approving some 2003 cases already. Who cares about the old cases. They can do anything they want.

PrinceofJungle said:
2003 ppl are not much posting and only posting when approved, becz most of them are conncurrent fillers, may be not familar with this fourm and posinting 'concurrent' 140 fourm. or may be waiting so 2003 cases are started....... only lucky ppl who got fp done and ready to process got approvals......... not all ......

Good Luck

2003 applicants don't post because they have no reason to complain. Only when you perceive problems, you start looking around for help. I remember the same thing happening a year ago when all the 2001 filers where in the same situation like we are now.

[ranting mode on]
Never imagined that they would punish us as hard as many of them. But then again, life is not about having a green card or not. Same goes for money ... it all can disappear quickly and then you haven't had a life if you only worried about your green card or money etc. Well, one thing I regret is losing (or not seeing) many of my friends and family due to my decision to come here.
[ranting mode off]

afe said:
2003 applicants don't post because they have no reason to complain. Only when you perceive problems, you start looking around for help. I remember the same thing happening a year ago when all the 2001 filers where in the same situation like we are now.

[ranting mode on]
Never imagined that they would punish us as hard as many of them. But then again, life is not about having a green card or not. Same goes for money ... it all can disappear quickly and then you haven't had a life if you only worried about your green card or money etc. Well, one thing I regret is losing (or not seeing) many of my friends and family due to my decision to come here.
[ranting mode off]

He, I like this:

... USCIS will deliver the right benefit to the right person in the right amount of time, ...

Yeah, right! "In your dreams" as alsowaiting put it. No reason to read any further. Pure mockery.

chinabee said:

Because of this average approval date metric, TSC does not want to do many 2002 cases. simply these old cases makes the average date older, so better to keep them in starvation mode.

I feel for you afe

Dear Afe,
I do really feel for you.
Same is here, I came in the country of opportunity where the voice of the common man was heard.
I did so with some expectations, one of them being to be treated fairly, expecially in matters so delicate as immigration.
Now I find myself as one of many mistreated individuals, punished by the system for no reason.
I think it is fate hitting us hard, the fact our cases are in the dusty room instead of being processed electronically.
One of the results of this is me losing some of the energy that took me over here and reconsidering my choices.
Even after the LPR Status (Green Card Holder) is achieved, sometime in the future, I don't know if I would be interested to renounce my European Citizenship in favour of this one....
I'll have to see, if something really great and wonderful happens in my life and makes this bitterness that lives in me go away.... and I'm not referring to fingerprinting or AD, or being saved, something differnt, something that can make me change what I think now about it ..... Only in that case I could reconsider....
In the meantime I don't have too many choices, life sometimes drives your future reasonable opportunities and some of the choices you make when you are young you cannot make when the priorities of life change... I'll keep waiting..... Sometimes the dates will change ... Maybe ...

By the way

Good luck again to all of you

Andreab67
I-485 RD 09/02 No Fingerprinting

:confused:

andreab67 said:
Even after the LPR Status (Green Card Holder) is achieved, sometime in the future, I don't know if I would be interested to renounce my European Citizenship in favour of this one....
Dear Andreab67,

I've got the same problem. Although, at this point I don't think about it. I'll cross this bridge when I get there. Dual citizenship would be perfect. The political landscape also matters.
In the meantime, I enjoy my job and the work with an international team (how many people can that really say?). When I came to this country, I didn't give up much, other than the family ties; actually made a little bit of a career (might have had a better career at home, but that would have come at a cost too ==> long, long hours). So, I really don't feel exploited like so many other unfortunate GG applicants. In this situation, denial kind of works for me. ;) It helps to have a fairly safe job for the foreseeable future (which wasn't the case 2 years ago, when everything was in limbo).

I guess one has to re-evaluate one's situation every once in a while. But as a matter of fact, it is difficult to go back and forth between different countries. In a way, you have to start from scratch every time you do this. So, look at the advantages you enjoy (hopefully) even under the circumstance and only if you really think you'd be better off back home, be consequent and pull the plug.

Have an enjoyable weekend and don't think about the GG for a couple hours!

Achim

andreab67 said:
One of the results of this is me losing some of the energy that took me over here and reconsidering my choices.
Same here.
andreab67 said:
I don't think any EU country honors the verbal renouncement of the citizenship while taking the Oath of Allegiance. So unless it is just a matter of honor you can take the oath and keep your current EU citizenship.

I would not get the US citizenship if I had to drop my current one (also EU). Not in the current political climate.

citizens???

I think my GC approval is so far off, I don't know if I would have th eenergy to apply for citizenship-that is too much to think of.

I thought that the UK did not like the dual citizenship thing anyway???