USC Spouse NYC Timeline & required Docs

waiting911

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Can you please tell me what all Documents you need to submit for applying a Green Card as a spouse of US citizen?

I got my I-130 approved thru VSC. I am going apply for my I-485 at theNYC Federal Plaza Office.

My questions are:

1. Do I need to submit the medical exam with the I-485 or at the time of interview?

2. Will I need to submit an affidavit of support at this time or at interview?

Can you please post you timeline here for NYC Office as on the USCIS website it says they are processing cases dated Dec 2002 wheres I know employment based petitions being processed are dated July 2004.

Please help. I am so lost.

Thanks.

avoid NYC local office

My experice with NYC local office is terrible. You shouldn't try your luck with NYC local office !!!! The long delayed at NYC is real.

Received Date (file I-130, I465 jointly): 03/2002 (got notice on 08/2004 when case was transferred to MSC service centers!!!). I did know my check was cashed.

last three years, Numeric inqueries end up with empty words, and no real information.
I almost re-file my case from New Jersey.

then my wife (US citizen) wrote to her congressman second time for help, then I finally get an interview date on coming May.

NYC totally suck, don't file it there if you are sane. Go to Albany, or Vermont service center, anywhere BUT New York city.

Last edited by a moderator:
NYC Timeline

Thank you for your reply. From what I know if I am residing in Queens NY I can only file in the NYC Office. Do I have a choice of filing in Vermont or Albany? I thought they go by your residence zip code. Please advise.

Sorry to hear about your case delays but good that you have been scheduled for an interview Finally!!!!! Congrats.

Thanks Again.

NOT_NYC said:
My experice with NYC local office is terrible. You shouldn't try your luck with NYC local office !!!! The long delayed at NYC is real.

Received Date (file I-130, I465 jointly): 03/2002 (got notice on 08/2004 when case was transferred to MSC service centers!!!). I did know my check was cashed.

last three years, Numeric inqueries end up with empty words, and no real information.
I almost re-file my case from New Jersey.

then my wife (US citizen) wrote to her congressman second time at Brooklyn for help, then I finally get an interview date on coming May at Garden City, NY.

NYC totally suck, don't file it there if you are sane. Go to Albany, or Vermont service center, anywhere BUT New York city.
How can such in-competent city declares itself greatest city on the world.

waiting911 said:
Thank you for your reply. From what I know if I am residing in Queens NY I can only file in the NYC Office. Do I have a choice of filing in Vermont or Albany? I thought they go by your residence zip code. Please advise.

Sorry to hear about your case delays but good that you have been scheduled for an interview Finally!!!!! Congrats.

Thanks Again.
You can file your case at Vermont service center. About Albany, you may need to move. If you want to file at NYC, you should expect a lot agony waiting you ahead!. By the way, maybe it is good idea to file your case through an attorney.

If you can file from anywhere else but NYC go right ahead. The wait is just too long and frustrating.Relocate if you need too but dont file from NY.
I -485 Applied: Oct 01( marriage based)
Receipt dt: Dec 01
Interview: Dec 03
waiting....
all the best

long and frustrating wait time

Thanks asg98 for your response.

Did you file your case based on marriage to a US Citizen or to a Permanent Resident.

Thanks

asg98 said:
If you can file from anywhere else but NYC go right ahead. The wait is just too long and frustrating.Relocate if you need too but dont file from NY.
I -485 Applied: Oct 01( marriage based)
Receipt dt: Dec 01
Interview: Dec 03
waiting....
all the best

My case is filed based on marriage to a US Citizen. I filed through an attorney who hasnt been of any help till today except for filing the papers.So make sure you do your homework well and go with a highly recomended attorney if you choose to go with that option.All the best.

asg98:

Have you heared anything about your green card? Your case makes me really frighten. Were you interviewed on the end of 2003?!

Nothing yet.I was scheduled for my 2nd fingerprints in june and that was in response to the congressman and senators inquiry to the ins. I have confirmed with the FBI nos that my fp were processed and sent to the ins the very next day.Now I am following up with the senator and the congressmans office to help me expediate my green card. Will keep you posted if anything changes.My interview was on dec 03.Are you facing a similar experience?

I have an interview on July25, 2005. I submitted I-485 on Nov., 2002. I have already had three EADs, which will expire on Dec. 2005. I am afraid I have to apply for the fourth one.

I have questions: when I go to interview, for the three years' Federal tax returns, can I use the copies? Should I order the tax return from IRS? Do I also need to give INS my state and city tax return forms?