USC petition for Spouse I485 in Chicago - Timeline

Bilent

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to start a thread for our timeline. I am a USC and my wife is on H1-B. We sent our paperwork for AOS for my wife to Chicago office on March 29th.

March 29, 2004: Application package sent to local Chicago BCIS office as stated on information forms (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131 and other supporting documents)

March 31, 2004: Application received.

April 06, 2004: Notice Date.

April 07, 2004: Received multiple NOA's for the application. There is another sheet in the envelope that says the application was forwarded to Lee's Summit, MO to improve services through standardization and to offer customers greater access to information pertaining to the status of the Forms.
The NOAs state that my spouse needs to call the NCSC @ 800-375-5283 to schedule fingerprinting and biometrics.

April 08, 2004: My wife called the 800 number and got the fingerprinting appt for the next day, 8am.

April 09, 2004: Fingerprinting complete.

I am hoping that others from Chicago would share their experiences with us.

Thank you.

iam about to apply for I-485 soon in Chicago and iam approved for I-130. did you hire attorney for paper work or did them yourself. If you filled out papers yourself how long did it take? Did you apply for work authorization also. If you applied for work how long till you got your work permit. Was physical done prior to sending application i485? Your response would be greatly appreciated. Do feel free to add any other information you feel would be helpful.

thank you

I did the paperwork myself. It took us a couple of weekends to finish it. Physical was done and the results were attached to our 485 application. We applied for work authorization, we did not get a response back. Chicago office takes a while to issue work permit, probably more than 90 days.

130/485 also forwarded to Lees Summit MO

Our 130/485 from Pittsburgh wrere forwarded to Chicago. From there to Lee's Summit, MO.
I have the same nessage from Lees Summit. OA:
NOA: Received 06/O7/04 and NOA: for 130 - 06/19/04
NOA'I-485: 06/22/04
NOI: Fingerprinting and Biometrics: 07/02/04 saying to schedule them myself (date)
Waiting for 130 approval

If you have any new updates write here. Obviously such cases are transfered to MSC. Ours are in Lees Summit too

Msc/nbc

FYI, the online status shows the processing date for I130 at MSC is stucked at 11/1/2001, it has not been updated for a quite while. I don't know what's going on there.

I also heard that if you filed I130/I485 at the same time through your local district office and were later transfered to MSC, if your receipt date for I485 is in the timeline at local district office, regardless your I130 approved or not, your cases will be transferred back to local office and adjusted at the same time. I hope it's true.

Looks like Chicago is processing 8/10/2002 for I485. So good luck.

lau said:
Our 130/485 from Pittsburgh wrere forwarded to Chicago. From there to Lee's Summit, MO.
I have the same nessage from Lees Summit. OA:
NOA: Received 06/O7/04 and NOA: for 130 - 06/19/04
NOA'I-485: 06/22/04
NOI: Fingerprinting and Biometrics: 07/02/04 saying to schedule them myself (date)
Waiting for 130 approval

If you have any new updates write here. Obviously such cases are transfered to MSC. Ours are in Lees Summit too

I have applied for my AOS in Chicago.
Application sent: Jan 29, 04
Received & put in system: Feb 16, 04
Received notification for FP: Feb 19, 04
FP Done: Feb 21, 04
Still waiting for EAD/AP:?
I went in to Chicago office and got interim EAD? But still no answer for AP. Does anyone know what's going on as far as AP concern? Whay its taking BCIS over four months to process AP applications.

I-131 and I-765 approvals

My wife's advance parole and work permit were approved on July 2nd (her birthday!). We received the AP and still waiting for the EAD card. It was just shy of 90 days (see the first message in this thread for our timeline).

Good luck.

Anybody w/ Newark, NJ experince

I filed for AOS(I-485), along with I-130 approval notice, on 07/09/04.. Was delieverd to Newark, NJ office on 07/10/04. But still didn't receive the Receipt Notice. Also, as i paid thru Money Order, I dunno whether its cashed or no?

Is this time frame usual?

yes it is, took them almost a month before I heard anything. The file gets transfered from neward to missouri.

Thank you for your reply..
Finally i got receipt notice today, starting with MSC, so, I can understand that the case was transfered to NBC. However, when I try to check the status of case w/ receipt number at uscis.gov, it gave me error message, mentioning "Status is Not Available" or Check the receipt Number. Is this the case w/ all you guys, or you get online status?