USC marries Foreigner, applies for I-130 and K-3

foreigner123456

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am a citizen who married a Turkish citizen in the U.S. She has since returned to Turkey due to her tourist visa expiring, and I'm currently in graduate school in CA.

I have applied for her with a I-130 (receipt date June 10, 2004)
and then applied for a K-3 visa (receipt date of June 25, 2004).

According to the website, the current processing dates for the K-3 visa are in February, 2004 and moving very slowly. I have a feeling that her K-3 visa will get approved just a couple of months before her I-130 is approved.

Here are my questions:
-If she comes to the U.S. once her visa is approved, how long will it take for her to be able to get a work permit?
-Is it worth applying for this since her I-130 will likely be approved just a couple of months later?
-If her I-130 is approved before the K-3 visa, is it faster to just apply for an immigrant visa directly?

I do not know much about k3 and work permit, but, you thing FEB 2004 is slow????? I think that is pretty fast compared to folks waiting for AO. I am in atlanta, apllied for Aos from H1B. Wait time is 3 years here in ATlanta...?????

I did a similar application for my wife in Turkey. For California, It took around 6 months before she came here on K-3 visa. However, I-130 application was approved almost 10 months after that.
Good luck.

her tourist visa was for 7 months, but we didn't get married until one week before she left.

Could she enter the US again on a tourist visa while the I-130 is pending? I believe you have to show that you'll leave the country after your visit in order to get a visa.

-=Leo