USA Citizen needs India Visa to Marry.....

laluna7

Hi!

I don't know if anyone can help out...but I am a little stressed.
I am a USA born citizen with an Indian fiance who lives in India. I am planning on traveling to India in October of this year so we may marry there and live there until we decide otherwise to go to USA.

Does anyone know any answers to the following questions??
(The phone calls and emails to consulates are horrendous...and I can never get responses).

1. What kind of visa would you suggest I apply for without having to leave my fiance there or deal with multiple entry?

2. Also, considering I am marrying a foreigner in his own country, how is my citizenship in the USA or India affected?

3. What kind of registrations would I have to go through to legalize our marriage in both countries?

Any information would be great.
I am running out of time as I plan to travel in October...and don't have many answers yet. :confused:

Thanks!

Hi!

I am a USA born citizen with an Indian fiance who lives in India. I am planning on traveling to India in October of this year so we may marry there and live there until we decide otherwise to go to USA.

(The phone calls and emails to consulates are horrendous...and I can never get responses).

1. What kind of visa would you suggest I apply for without having to leave my fiance there or deal with multiple entry?

2. Also, considering I am marrying a foreigner in his own country, how is my citizenship in the USA or India affected?

3. What kind of registrations would I have to go through to legalize our marriage in both countries?

Any information would be great.
I am running out of time as I plan to travel in October...and don't have many answers yet. :confused:

Thanks!

Am not an Indian national but i think all you need to do is look up the the indian consulate website and find out the info you need. I just looked it up and as an American Citizen with a U.S passport, u are pretty much guaranteed a tourist visa and as it said on the website, u get the visa same day. Don't sweat too much about it. Good luck and have fun in India.

Hi!

Ans: US citizens get 10 yr multiple entry visitor visa (you can live there for 6 months during any visit though. Try to get it extended while in India).

!

Ans: Neither your US citizenship nor your Indian visa status is affected merely by marriage to an Indian.

Ans: Marriage certificate in India can be obtained after your wedding. Inquire about it before your marriage - the procedure could be different in different states.

The more complex problem will be with bringing your new spouse back to the US. The immigration process for that can take 6-12 months and use up lots of time and $$$.

There are exceptions. A US passport with place of birth showing "Pakistan" will take 3-6 months :)

I just looked it up and as an American Citizen with a U.S passport, u are pretty much guaranteed a tourist visa and as it said on the website, u get the visa same day.

Can we extend visa in india

Our son is in India and his visa is about to expire. He is born in US and has a Indian visa. Can we extend his visa in India or do we have to extend it in US only. Any suggestions?

I am not sure, got to know from someone.
If you are not an Indian citizen, then you might need to give
a no objection ad atleast 1 month before marraige .
If thats right , then you need to check the exact procedure for that .