• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

US Police Records

DanE1978

Hello all,

I know that the instructions state that you do not need to provide US police records, but in your experience can providing them nonetheless help decrease the length of time spent in AP after a successful interview? I'm still in the US and requesting FBI records isn't too much of a hassle, even though I would rather not pay the fee (have no idea how much is it) if it is completely useless.

Thanks!

It’s not likely to reduce/decrease time spent on AP. They will still conduct the background check directly.

Hello all,

I know that the instructions state that you do not need to provide US police records, but in your experience can providing them nonetheless help decrease the length of time spent in AP after a successful interview? I'm still in the US and requesting FBI records isn't too much of a hassle, even though I would rather not pay the fee (have no idea how much is it) if it is completely useless.

Thanks!
It costs $18 via money order that you send with your fingerprints to the FBI office in VA.

Hello all,

Thanks!

You realize you’re asking an unanswerable question? You’re assuming that anyone would actually know how much time they would have spent in AP without it.

Agree that’s it’s useless to do it, they’re going to get the stuff straight from the horse’s mouth anyway. I’ve never heard of a CP interview approval being held up pending fbi background checks (security checks for certain countries yes, but that's a different thing).

Last edited: