us passport

sashka

Registered Users (C)
hi,

on march 12, I went to Newark, NJ and got my citizenship. If you interested, my inteview was scheduled for 2pm, but I got much earlier there (around 12:50pm) and was called in 20 minutes. in 7 minutes I was out with paper saying, that my application was suggested for approval. around 3pm they started calling people to take green cards and verify citizenship certificate. at 4:20 got mine certificate and left home.

When person, who told us how to get us passport came and started telling, it was loud there and I coudn't here most of what he told. (have no idea, why he didn't use mic). anyway, i've got question: where should I go to get my us passport? I went to www.travel.gov . There written, that I can go to my post office with my citizenship certificate and they will take care. is it correct? also, will they take my ceritifcate, or I have to bring it to show?

thank you.

timeline:
application: end of april 2002
fingerprints: end of july 2002
citizen: march 12, 2003

Re: Re: us passport

Originally posted by JoeF
Yes.My understanding is that they take it, and return it to you with the passport. Make a copy of it, just in case. I think it states that you can't do that, but the law was changed some time back.

That is correct. They do take the original and return it to you with the Passport. Like JoeF suggested, make a copy of it 'just in case'.

great. thank you for info.

too bad, I forgot to take it in staples to make copies yerstaday, when I was there. :-(