US passport name change documentation

mr. a

Registered Users (C)
I applied for my US passport few days ago. This is my first US passport. I had a name change long time ago and all the documents have my new name.

Do I still need to send name change court order since they ask for previous names used?

Also, my father got his fingerprints done back in June 06 and still haven't gotten his interview letter while the rest of us became citizen in September. His case status has not been updated online. How long is it suppose to take?

Last edited by a moderator:
mr. a said:
I applied for my US passport few days ago. This is my first US passport. I had a name change long time ago and all the documents have my new name.

Do I still need to send name change court order since they ask for previous names used?

Also, my father got his fingerprints done back in June 06 and still haven't gotten his interview letter while the rest of us became citizen in September. His case status has not been updated online. How long is it suppose to take?

I would think you'd need to send a copy of the court order along with your natz certificate, otherwise dept of state have no way of verifying the name you put on the passport app.

Sounds like your father may be stuck in the namecheck blackhole. Most cases are processed in 4-6 months if there are no problems. Those that get stuck can take much, much longer. Maybe its time he filed a 1447(b)?