US Passport: Is there a delay in getting it?

dw2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Anyone here who is waiting or has received US passport recently?

I submitted my application at a post office 3 wks ago using regular processing. Even my check has not been cleared yet. Anyone can share your experience? (I applied in Atlanta).

tobecitizen said:
I have applied for the passport the same as my Interview/Oath Day - Nov 23 - regular processing.

My checks were cashed on Dec 1, 2005 but I was and still unable to check the status online. Of course I called the CSR, they are processing our passports as they were able to locate the apps in their systems. Also said that I might receive by December mid, though the system has tagged it to be done by Jan 02, 2006.

My wife applied on November 17th (Regular processing) from San Jose. Check cahed on December 8th. I am still unable to track the status online. As per CSR, it is in process and she will get it in about 2nd week of January.

Thanks for sharing the information. I do not know why my check has still not been cleared after 3 weeks. Looks like I just cannot get away from the bureaucracy.

Please keep me posted on your progress. Thanks.

Did you try calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 to receive information regarding your application?
I'd suggest you call them instead of waiting for your check to clear.

I waited for 5 weeks. the check was cashed in 3 1/2 weeks. when i called passport agency they said this is normal due to holiday season. The passport status never showed up on the web site. This is because passport agency keeps a sperate system to enter application that are recieved, and since they might have been busy, most of the applicants can not really track online status.

Thanks for the info.

I did call CSR, and was told nothing showed up in their system. Was also told about the current delay.

Passport Mass

I have applied in second week on Nov, Checks got cashed in first week of dec. I will also call and check.

Any rough guesstimate how long after the checks gets encashed.

I did regular processing.

thanks & have a pleasant weekend guys
tarun