Us passport in hand, can i file petition for grandmother?

vimarket

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much to everyone for their help. I finally have US passport in hand. Pad $225 and got it within 24 hours at the Seattle office.

Main question is my grandmother is back in Africa. she is almost 70. I will like her to come here, but checking on the USCIS website there is nothing about filing petition for grandparents. However, someone told me I can file petition for "aged grandparents". Please anyone knows if it is possible to file petition for her so she can get a visa or something? And will it be given the same importance as if I was filing for a parent? Instead of the long waiting line that happens when filing for brothers or sisters. Thanks so much.

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much to everyone for their help. I finally have US passport in hand. Pad $225 and got it within 24 hours at the Seattle office.

Main question is my grandmother is back in Africa. she is almost 70. I will like her to come here, but checking on the USCIS website there is nothing about filing petition for grandparents. However, someone told me I can file petition for "aged grandparents". Please anyone knows if it is possible to file petition for her so she can get a visa or something? And will it be given the same importance as if I was filing for a parent? Instead of the long waiting line that happens when filing for brothers or sisters. Thanks so much.

As nkm-0ct23 said, it is not possible to sponsor a grandparent for a green card.