US passport application query

rajtheking

HI,I got my naturalization certificate and so,I applied for the US passport.I filled out the form and I thought a photocopy of the Natz. certificate would be enough.But when I went to the passport office ,the officer said that he needed the original Natz. certificate to be sent for passsport application and not the photocopy.He said I could keep a copy for my records.
I was wondering if you have to submit the original and not the photocopy.Is this the norm?I applied for expedited delivery.Thanks for your help.

Yes, you need to submit the original along with the passport application. Once the application is processed your original naturalization certificate will be returned along with your new US passport.

rajtheking said:
HI,I got my naturalization certificate and so,I applied for the US passport.I filled out the form and I thought a photocopy of the Natz. certificate would be enough.But when I went to the passport office ,the officer said that he needed the original Natz. certificate to be sent for passsport application and not the photocopy.He said I could keep a copy for my records.
I was wondering if you have to submit the original and not the photocopy.Is this the norm?I applied for expedited delivery.Thanks for your help.

Dont worry...your original will be returned along with your passport.

Photocopy of Natz Certificate????

...I thought you are not supposed to photocopy the Natz. certificate...can some Lucky "Citizen" please clarify?