• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

US Paris Embassy: Interview Experiences

jsalien24

Registered Users (C)
:DDear all,

my wife has been selected for DV-2009 , we filled-out the necessary forms, and returned to KCC. Forms have arrived ! So now wait wait ...wait :D

In the meantime we want to collect all necessary documents, can somebody give us the exact list of documents which we will need to present when we would be invited for interview.

We are Belgian but currently live in France, so we indicated US Embassy in Paris to do the possible interview. Anybody with specific experiences over there would be helpful :)

Also, with regards to original certificates, eg Birth Certificate, in Belgium the originals are always kept at the administration of our city of Birth. They only provide copies, as originals must be kept centrally. Is this OK ? As I see lot of people who have original Birth Certificates ? Maybe somebody from Belgium with same experience ?

As for French Embassy, do we need to give English translations for all documents eg we got married in France so do we need to translate the Marriage Certificate ? Maybe some Embassies are fine with the French document, we just want to be ready.

Finally, which documents can we start with already now. Some of the documents are only 6months valid eg Police reports. But we lived in 3 countries (Belgium, Ierland, France) so it is risky to wait too long but on other hand it can take a while. So do we apply already now and later on just change the date ?

Thanks a million for you help,

It is a lot of admin now but we want to be well prepared

Read my experience post. But it was 2 years ago, things might have changed.

You can also read my "General Info" post. It should answer most basic questions.

Use the search function in this forum, you'll find a lot of valuable info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Cateyes,

I have been viewing this forum since last year, and I have noticed that you have been here giving so much support to many, I have entered the DV for about 7 times without success. I am from the SA region , I was born in one Island yet I have citizenship for another. I have entered as country of birth on each occasion, oftentimes there is only one person selected per year whilst country of citizenship usually have 80+ winners , Can i enter as country of citizenship. They are both in the same region.

Dear Cateyes,

I have been viewing this forum since last year, and I have noticed that you have been here giving so much support to many, I have entered the DV for about 7 times without success. I am from the SA region , I was born in one Island yet I have citizenship for another. I have entered as country of birth on each occasion, oftentimes there is only one person selected per year whilst country of citizenship usually have 80+ winners , Can i enter as country of citizenship. They are both in the same region.
Don't post your questions more than once, especially not in a thread that does not have anything to do with your question!

To Paulineg,
1st: Thank you. I have somewhat stopped to help though. It's been a few years now...
2nd: If I remember the rules correctly, no you can't. It is the country of birth that matters...

I just checked the 2009 rules:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/2009DVInstructions.pdf

To enter the DV lottery, you must be a native of one of the listed countries. See List Of Countries By Region Whose Natives Qualify.
1 The term "country" in this notice includes countries, economies and other jurisdictions explicitly listed beginning on page 13.
2 Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases this means the country in which you were born. However, there are two other ways you may be able to qualify. First, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible but your spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth provided both you and your spouse are on the selected entry, are issued visas and enter the U.S. simultaneously. Second, if you were born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of your parents was born there or resided there at the time of your birth, you may claim

Last edited by a moderator: