US Job Search for TN Visa

canleo

Hello,

I have a Canadian bachelors degree in Economics with about 3 years of work experience in finance/accounting and would like to work in the US through the TN Visa (Economist or Accounting). I was wondering if any members here have any experience or recommendations if there are any favourable job listing sites or such for TN visa job hunters? I'm not really sure where to do the job search since most postings or application processes I see require you to answer if you are authorized to work in the US or clearly state they do not sponsor for work (do not want TN visa candidates either).

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

With your qualification and experience it should not be problem. I will recommend check pwc, ey and deloitte check their career section. All these companies look for certain bracket and salary, if you show some flexibility you will get offer in next 30 days. Don't go by authorization .... I always say I do not need authorization which is actually true for TN. Try their us site and get one US skype number once you have offer letter or client intro they will do everything for you.

Thank you kite2020 for your response and helpful advice! In terms of getting the foot in the door, I'm very flexible. Just for some clarification and your opinion:

1) On companies job portals it always says "are you legally authorized to work in US" the answer you can select is "yes or no". Technically when applying I have no US work status so the answer should be "no". If I say yes, that would be lying. What do you think?

2) On my resume & cover letter the phone number & address is my Canadian contact info (I do have family in US and I'm trying to find work near their areas). So should I keep my Canadian address or use my relatives US address?

3) Do you think in the cover letter you should mention anything about how you can easily obtain the TN status?

Thanks!

1. I generally select yes, if someone call me then I sell by saying I need TN letter, do not need sponsorship.
2. Get skype number local($15 around/3 months, unlimited north america around $15/month otherwise buy credit in $10 increment) to your relative city, and divert calls to canadian number.
3. I sell my self by saying TN is not visa, its pettion, do not need sponsorship only need TN letter. I do not mention anything that I am canadain citizen until unless company is canadian

All ends up at money and urgency for these consulting companies, looking for cheapest resource even from nunavat.

Last edited: