US Indians campaign against visa curbs

HelloThere

Registered Users (C)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Articleshow.asp?art_id=6482953

Hello,
Let us send our Feedback to INS. Beware that all these replies would be read by INS. Be diplomatic and not harsh. Please explain the importance of our parents stay with us and how they are no threat to USA.
Here is the link.
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/e...pSysID=10&StartURL=/graphics/feedback.htm
Some of the sample letters to send :
See below :
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What To Send
--------------------------------------------------------------------
To
The INS Commisioner
Dear Sir/Madam
I am writing to register my protest of the new INS proposal to reduce the duration of stay for B-2 non-immigrant visitors from six months to one month.
I understand the gravity of events that caused the INS to make such a proposal. But this is surely a knee-jerk reaction that has far-reaching
implications. The perpetrators of the Sept. 11 attack did abuse the immigration rules of the country but for every law-breaker, there are thousands of honest, law-abiding visitors who visit the country for legitimate reasons.
I have personally sponsored and plan to sponser in the future, members of my immediate family who live outside the United States to visit me. This is my only way of keeping in touch with my aging parents and other members of my family. My job and other responsibilities here do not permit me to travel to my home country to visit them as often as I would like and nor can I spend extended time there with them. Having my parents visit me for six months at a time is the best way for me to stay in touch with them. To limit their duration of stay would harshly punish them and us for no fault of ours. While I realize that in the light of recent events and for national and personal security reasons, we are all expected to pay a price, this unusual proposal by the INS is unnecessarily harsh and unfairly targets the vast majority of law-abiding immigrants.
Lastly, this will result in a direct and drastic reduction in toursim related travel and will be a big blow to the travel industry. I suggest that the economic implications of this proposal be given more consideration before it is accepted and made into law.
Sincerely
Your name
Address

Thanks

Its a good One

I would like to add one more point to the above content of the letter.

Though it was proposed by INS I would request INS not to implement for
the elderly people who are of the age more than 50 or 55.

I feel like this point also makes some sense that we are not againast
any ins proposals.

Hello there!Could you rewrite the letter by adding this point.

Thanks

good point.

I already mailed INS a letter of my own, but echoing the above sentiments. I wonder if I should just mail this one too ...... :)

No Title

The correct email address for sending comments is:
(NOTE: Subject line MUST contain the foll: "INS No. 2176-01")

insregs@usdoj.gov

NOTE: Subject line MUST contain the foll: "INS No. 2176-01"

The web-form in previous posts was for general customer comments.
Visit www.shusterman.com and look at the advance copy of regulations to be released tomorrow. That\'s where I got this info from.

They also have a US Mail address for comments by post.

For our present purpose, use: insregs@usdoj.gov

Thank you.