US Embassy Procedure

amit_drummer

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody kindly brief me up on the different procedure at the US Embassy in India, once the H-1 gets approved at the USCIS and once the company mails in the paperwork over to you ?

What all paperwork is required ?

Can the H-1 be still rejected, even though the H-1 has been approved from the USCIS ?

I have taken an appointment with the US Embassy @ Jan 19th, 2006. This date seems to be far way out. If I do book an emergency appointment by providing and emergency letter from the company in US, will the procedure change ?

Are chances for rejection greater in emergency cases ?

I would really appreciate your help in answering some of the above queries.

amit_drummer said:
Can somebody kindly brief me up on the different procedure at the US Embassy in India, once the H-1 gets approved at the USCIS and once the company mails in the paperwork over to you ?

What all paperwork is required ?

*********See the following link : www.travel.state.gov

Can the H-1 be still rejected, even though the H-1 has been approved from the USCIS ?

*********There is no guarantee

I have taken an appointment with the US Embassy @ Jan 19th, 2006. This date seems to be far way out. If I do book an emergency appointment by providing and emergency letter from the company in US, will the procedure change ?

**********The appointment date might change, but the procedure will remain the same

Are chances for rejection greater in emergency cases ?

I would really appreciate your help in answering some of the above queries.