• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

US Embassy London - Timeframes

devoyage

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience with time frames in dealing with the US Embassy in London? We've completed the interview process successfully though left the embassy on the day with our passports as they were waiting on a police clearance certificate to arrive from New Zealand. That's now arrived and they've requested our passports be couriered to them which we've just done. So of course the question is how long do they usually take to send them back?

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
takes about a week

Hi

My wife and I completed the interview process in August 2010. We live in London and had the interview in the US Embassy London. They couriered our passports to us within 7 days after the interview.

Thanks Dalmatian, will re post when they arrive, think with the Xmas & NY break will take a little longer. Anyone else been in a similar position?

Our passports were returned in around 4 working days i think.
I recall reading other peoples experiences being similar.

I think their documented SLA is 10 working days.

Usually it seems they are quite efficient though.

AJK

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience with time frames in dealing with the US Embassy in London? We've completed the interview process successfully though left the embassy on the day with our passports as they were waiting on a police clearance certificate to arrive from New Zealand. That's now arrived and they've requested our passports be couriered to them which we've just done. So of course the question is how long do they usually take to send them back?

Thanks all

I had a similar case. After a successful interview, I was told to get police certificate from Nigeria and courier it to them together with my passport. I got it back exactly after one week. The courier guy even gave me a tracking number that I used to know when the package was delivered to them and when it was on its way back to me.

We did our interview in London too, but that was a couple of years back. We received our passports with visas in the post the very next day. But then again, by the time we did the interview, there were no pending documents that the embassy was still waiting for before processing the visas. So a slightly different experience.

Passports arrived back yesterday, fly tomorrow....

2011OC000000xx - If anyone has any queries about the process I'm happy to help any way I can.

Passports arrived back yesterday, fly tomorrow....

2011OC000000xx - If anyone has any queries about the process I'm happy to help any way I can.
if u dont mind, pls tell us ur interview experience and what docs u carried.

Hi guys, my notification letter about my interview in London in March does not mention anything about bringing proof of funds as well. Did anyone else need to take any bank statements etc? Cheers.

Completely forgot to check back. You'll need proof you can support yourself, bank statements etc. I found a very distant relative to sponsor us, they'll definitely ask for these.