US Embassy in Riyadh refused to give my sister visitor visa, what to do?

QB75

Hi,
I've been a permanent resident in the US. My 18-year-old sister lives in Saudi Arabia. She applied for a visit visa twice (July 2022 and July 2023) but she was refused the visa. The office in both cases told her she was denied the visa because they suspected that she wanted to enter the US and stay there.

My sister wants to come to the US. What should she do? SHould she apply for a one-year English program and enter as an F1 student visa? If she applies for a student visa, is there a chance would be rejected too because she was refused the visit visa twice in the past?

Please tell us what's the best-guaranteed way to get the visa.

Thanks for your help.
QB

Your sister “wants to come to the US” What is the primary purpose of your sister’s trip to the US?

Your sister “wants to come to the US” What is the primary purpose of your sister’s trip to the US?
The primary purpose is education. She just finished high school and she wants to do a post-high school diploma or BA.

So why was she applying for a visitor’s visa in the ftplace? If the plan is to study, she should apply and obtain a school admission first, then apply for a student visa after getting the admission. Of course there’s no guarantee the student visa will be approved. She still has to overcome the presumed immigrant intent.

So why was she applying for a visitor’s visa in the ftplace? If the plan is to study, she should apply and obtain a school admission first, then apply for a student visa after getting the admission. Of course there’s no guarantee the student visa will be approved. She still has to overcome the presumed immigrant intent.
Thank you.

A year ago, when my sister tried to get a visit visa, she was in her final year of high school. She just wanted to check out the US and then head back to Saudi Arabia. She never imagined the embassy might think she planned to stay there for good. Even the second time she applied, all she wanted was a short visit, nothing more. She has no plans to stay in the US long-term. Given all this, do you think she should try for a student visa now? Or is there a high chance they might turn her down for that too?

It seems to me like the student visa plan is more of an afterthought due to the visitor visa denial. Based on that, I think the possibility of being denied is quite high.