US EMBASSY in NEW DELHI - Information Needed

Chicago-case

Registered Users (C)
I have an appointment for H1B re-stamping in US Consulate located in Chankyapuri, New Delhi. Iam visting New Delhi for the first time.

Any advices on where to stay and how far is the consulate from airport, any dos and don'ts are much appreciated.

Could not get much information from internet, so Delhi folks please help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have info

No one helped me...........

Anyways I attended the stamping and everything went well.. In future if someone needs any information about visa stamping in Delhi US consulate, contact me.

Chicago-case said:
No one helped me...........

Anyways I attended the stamping and everything went well.. In future if someone needs any information about visa stamping in Delhi US consulate, contact me.
Please Post where to stay and your exp . I am going next week .
i dont see much info on Delhi .

Info

There are lots of hotels near Cannaught place (or Pahar Gunj area) ranging between 25$ to 400$ per day. I stayed in hotel Ajanta. Paid 35$ per day for A/C room. Booked through Hotels.com

Embassy is around 10 Kms from there. Hotel guys are good at arranging cabs / auto rickshaws. They also have a free airport pickup service. Also there are too many banks near Cannaught Place, including HDFC for taking DDs.

My advice is not to directly hire any cabs or rickshaws. They will rip you off if they know that you are new to Delhi.
Instead ask the hotel management to arrange it for you.

The place around the hotel is filthy and I would rate 2 out of 5 for Hotel Ajanta. Service is not very good but the best I could afford for 35$ per day.

Questions asked at my interview -
where do you stay in USA?
what is the name of the client you are working for and where is it located?
what is your educational qualification?
did you go to school in USA.

He just asked these four questions and said "Your Visa is issued".

Hope that helps !! Good Luck