• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Us embassy dhaka dv 2010 my interview experience

sujitbd

Registered Users (C)
To all my friends to this forum.

Today 26th October.2009 I have faced my consular interview in us embassy Dhaka.

Interview experience:
Visa officer: Good morning
I am: Good morning
VI: What is your name
I am: My name is………..
VI : there is two way to qualify for dv visa. One is work experience and another is academic qualification, which one you choose?
I am: Academic qualification
VI: But your academic qualification does not match with d v requirement.
I am: No, I have a Master Degree on economics
VI: Oh I see. When have you completed your master degree?
I am: in the year of……..
VI: What do you do now?
I am: Working in a private organization. Also have submitted my work experience.
VI: That’s good. Where you will go to USA?
I am: California
VI: Raise your right hand and take oath
I am: Taking oath and sign ds 230 pat 2
VI: How much money you income per month?
I am: Tk. 35000
VI: Do you have income tex paper
I am : My company pay for me
VI: thank you.

Then visa officer give me back all my original documents with passport. Also a blue sheet “Additional Processing. We will contact you when we get result”

Can some one tell me what is additional processing? And may I got visa or refuse?

Sujitbd: It is a background check and not a refusal. So do not worry. You probably have too wait for some time and then they are going to call you when it is done.Could take from weeks to months. Took one month for me when I had applied for my H1 visa last year. Now, I have a green card but now I have applied for my wife's immigrant visa. So it was good to know about your recent experience. Please let us know how long it took for you

Sujitbd: It is a background check and not a refusal. So do not worry. You probably have too wait for some time and then they are going to call you when it is done.Could take from weeks to months. Took one month for me when I had applied for my H1 visa last year. Now, I have a green card but now I have applied for my wife's immigrant visa. So it was good to know about your recent experience. Please let us know how long it took for you

dear sun1000,
I have not get any response from embassy yet. But another man who gave interview same date with me has got his visa today. Does it mean that my probability low of getting visa.

please tell me what is background check

dear sun1000,
I have not get any response from embassy yet. But another man who gave interview same date with me has got his visa today. Does it mean that my probability low of getting visa.

please tell me what is background check

Background check is checking your history with FBI. Do not Worry. It takes different period of time from person to another. Yours might take several months.

Just believe in GOD.:)

Hi, I am new here. I am a DV 2010 winner from Bangladesh. My case number is 2010AS00011xxx. Sent first NL to KCC at June,02. Can anyone tell that when my interview will be held? Please Bangladeshi friends put your interview experience to help other Bangladeshi winners who are getting ready for the interview.

Hi, I am new here. I am a DV 2010 winner from Bangladesh. My case number is 2010AS00011xxx. Sent first NL to KCC at June,02. Can anyone tell that when my interview will be held? Please Bangladeshi friends put your interview experience to help other Bangladeshi winners who are getting ready for the interview.

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available and an allocation cut-off number is also given. For ASIA the number is 8250. For last DV-2009 the cut-off number for January was 8300. So I think we are going to get it fast. Insallah. Case Num... 10***

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance