US Citizenship Name Check

afraj

Registered Users (C)
As for most of you guys who are either fed up or were fed up with this name check (BS). Myself i had my examination done on July 13th, and i am still waiting to receive a response from USCIS. I went down to speak to them on December 28th 2005, and i was told that my name check is still pending. What do you guys recomend i should do about this matter; should i file a lawsuit, wait a little bit, or try to get a hold of my congressman.
anybody living in Hampton Roads, Virginia who can give me greater details.
Thank You.

afraj said:
As for most of you guys who are either fed up or were fed up with this name check (BS). Myself i had my examination done on July 13th, and i am still waiting to receive a response from USCIS. I went down to speak to them on December 28th 2005, and i was told that my name check is still pending. What do you guys recomend i should do about this matter; should i file a lawsuit, wait a little bit, or try to get a hold of my congressman.
anybody living in Hampton Roads, Virginia who can give me greater details.
Thank You.

I sent certified letters asking for an update on my case. When my 120-period passed, I sent certified letters reminding them that the 120-period had passed. I then sent certified letters informing them of my intent to sue under 8 USC 1447b. No response. Sent them a copy of my petition with a deadline. No response. Got a hold of the district office and she just told me that my namecheck was pending and that there was no more information she could give me. So I just recently filed my petition. I should have filed it the day after the 120-period ended and I probably would've been naturalized by now, but I waited another 2 months. Waiting doesn't help and from my experience, Virginia Representatives and Senators don't help much, especially at this stage. You may wait and see what happens, but if I were you I'd go ahead and file the petition in court as soon as possible. Only then will they send an expedite request to the FBI for you namecheck.

would you mind guiding me to this petition, or showing me the steps i should take to file it.

There's a great thread started by Publicus regarding lawsuits against USCIS. You'll find a lot of information there.