US Citizenship Interview

H

hbk1hbk

I had my US Citizenship interview in Oakland California 8 months after my receipt date. At the end of interview CIS gave me a form with two items checked:

1. You passed the tests of English and US history and government.
2. Congratulations Your application has been recommended for approval. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

I have seen some messages on this chat board where people mentioned they were told they are approved at the end of interview. I am wondering why the CIS didn't say I am approved at the end of my interview.
How long it will take between interview, and Oath Ceremony in Oakland, CA.

hbk1hbk,

when I had my interview the officer told me that I was approved but the note I received said:

"Congratulations Your application has been recommended for approval."

just like yours. I asked her about it and she said that she did approve my application but her supervisor would still take a look at it. And he has the final say. If you are recommended for approval, it means that the officer who interviewed you approved your application. Congratulations. I think the final check is just a formality.

Hi Tina210,

Thank you very much for your response. I was worried why they didn't say approve. You have answered my question. Are you waiting for Oath Ceremony? Did you interview with Oakland, CA office?

Thanks

HBK1HBK

hbk1hbk,

I had my oath ceremony in December in San Diego. So I'm a US citizen already....but still drawn to this forum. :D
Good luck to you. I took the oath six weeks after the interview. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your wait won't be long either.

Tina.