US citizenship and Indian employment Visa

ab2yz

Registered Users (C)
Hello Comrades,

I R2Ied in Dec '06 with Green Card and started working full time permanent here. My oath ceremony for USC is due next month for which I am planning a trip to US. I would like to return back to India as soon as possible (within 3 weeks) and resume my employment.

After getting the US passport, I start hunting for Indian visa in US. For Indian visa I can not apply for "ENTRY" visa; as it prohbits oneself from taking up any job in India. The only Indian visa which I could go for is 'EMPLOYMENT visa'; but that requires the proof of contract job (and not permanent) in India of upto one year. As this visa is good for maximum of one year. So in my case if I ask my employer to issue me a contract appointment letter in order for me to come back and legally work in India once I am a USC; will this be accepted while applying for employment visa in Indian consulate in US. Do we think of any issues here

Is there a better option for entering into India after getting US citizenship with a legal work permit in the shortest possible time considering that I am already full time permanent employed in India. PIO card is in my mind but it may take upto 3-4 months (too long) when applied in US. OCI may be even more time consuming.

Any sort of help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks.

Hello Comrades,

I R2Ied in Dec '06 with Green Card and started working full time permanent here. My oath ceremony for USC is due next month for which I am planning a trip to US. I would like to return back to India as soon as possible (within 3 weeks) and resume my employment.

After getting the US passport, I start hunting for Indian visa in US. For Indian visa I can not apply for "ENTRY" visa; as it prohbits oneself from taking up any job in India. The only Indian visa which I could go for is 'EMPLOYMENT visa'; but that requires the proof of contract job (and not permanent) in India of upto one year. As this visa is good for maximum of one year. So in my case if I ask my employer to issue me a contract appointment letter in order for me to come back and legally work in India once I am a USC; will this be accepted while applying for employment visa in Indian consulate in US. Do we think of any issues here

Is there a better option for entering into India after getting US citizenship with a legal work permit in the shortest possible time considering that I am already full time permanent employed in India. PIO card is in my mind but it may take upto 3-4 months (too long) when applied in US. OCI may be even more time consuming.

Any sort of help in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks.

It is possible to apply for an OCI card when you are in India and you can continue to stay there while your OCI card processing is done.

Does OCI need any extra paperwork?

Hi
I am also thinking of taking up US Citizenship and going back to India for good with an OCI card. Does an OCI holder need any extra paperwork before he starts working? I have heard different accounts about it. Also do you need to register with the local police or any other such formality.
Thanks for your help.