US Citizenship & AC21

gciwanna

Registered Users (C)
Hello there, here is my info.
Company A filed for my GC in 2002(labor) and 140/485(2004). I Left company A and joined company B on 30 March(2007)(AC21). Notified USCIS with the new attorney representation form G-28. Since there is no provision by Law to notify AC21 my then lawyer did not recommened it. 2 months later in June 2007 i received my Green Card. This March of 2012 i am eligible for applying US Citizenship and have few questions.

1) If the Interviewing Officier(IO) asks if i am with my petitioner company? what should be my answer. In other words, after using AC21, does Company B becomes my petitioner company? I am still working with company B. At company A my job title was Programmer/Analyst and my current job title is Sr.Software Engineer. Job duties are more or less same.

2) Since my GC is based of Employment i am little worried becuase of the use of AC21. I know its legal but do i need to prove it during the interview? What should be the strategy during the itnerview? Yes/No vs. explanation.

3) I cannot recall of any incidents related with violations/tickets/accidents. Is there any place where i can get a letter of conduct form the town or DMV?

4) I do meet the residency & physical presence test so that should not an issue.

Finally, Has anyone come across n400 deinal case related with ac21? Also, curios to know what happens to GC status if n400 is denied on the AC21 grounds? I am unable to evaluate the risk whether to apply or not?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello there, here is my info.
Company A filed for my GC in 2002(labor) and 140/485(2004). I Left company A and joined company B on 30 March(2007)(AC21). Notified USCIS with the new attorney representation form G-28. Since there is no provision by Law to notify AC21 my then lawyer did not recommened it. 2 months later in June 2007 i received my Green Card. This March of 2012 i am eligible for applying US Citizenship and have few questions.

1) If the Interviewing Officier(IO) asks if i am with my petitioner company? what should be my answer. In other words, after using AC21, does Company B becomes my petitioner company? I am still working with company B. At company A my job title was Programmer/Analyst and my current job title is Sr.Software Engineer. Job duties are more or less same.

2) Since my GC is based of Employment i am little worried becuase of the use of AC21. I know its legal but do i need to prove it during the interview? What should be the strategy during the itnerview? Yes/No vs. explanation.

3) I cannot recall of any incidents related with violations/tickets/accidents. Is there any place where i can get a letter of conduct form the town or DMV?

4) I do meet the residency & physical presence test so that should not an issue.

Finally, Has anyone come across n400 deinal case related with ac21? Also, curios to know what happens to GC status if n400 is denied on the AC21 grounds? I am unable to evaluate the risk whether to apply or not?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I would get a lawyer to write SHORT letter explaining the AC21 provision that applied to you and have it handy. The N-400 Officer may or may not be cross trained in adjustment of status, so (s)he might be confused and having an EASY explanation ready is a wise move to avoid delay.

hs3e9k

Thanks. I was Initially planning to carry the ac21 memo but a small document from the lawyer wouldn't hurt i guess. Would it be helpful to request the lawyer to be with you at the time of interview. I believe that allowed.

I also started a small company after getting my gc during 2007 to 2009. I closed it in 2009 as i was not making anything. This was more of a part time work i was doing for myself. I was the owner and i duly reported the earnings to IRS at the end of the year along with my primary work income. The questions is since its was part time and i was working for myself, do i need to disclose ?

I would get a lawyer to write SHORT letter explaining the AC21 provision that applied to you and have it handy. The N-400 Officer may or may not be cross trained in adjustment of status, so (s)he might be confused and having an EASY explanation ready is a wise move to avoid delay.

Thanks. I was Initially planning to carry the ac21 memo but a small document from the lawyer wouldn't hurt i guess. Would it be helpful to request the lawyer to be with you at the time of interview. I believe that allowed.

I also started a small company after getting my gc during 2007 to 2009. I closed it in 2009 as i was not making anything. This was more of a part time work i was doing for myself. I was the owner and i duly reported the earnings to IRS at the end of the year along with my primary work income. The questions is since its was part time and i was working for myself, do i need to disclose ?

I would not waste $$$ on a lawyer attending the interview.

Sorry your business did not work (and that's probably the most you'll get from the N-400 Officer, too).

I went thru the same AC21 situation as you and also moved to a different city 2 years after GC. They do not matter, the interviewing officer cares more about what is written in the N-400 form and supporting documentation and also your answers to the questions from the booklet.
Only illegal activities will affect your Citizenship interview.
I do not remember being asked any questions on my employment for my GC