US Citizenship - 177 days away issue

sf_ba_guy

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My wife will be going for her citizenship interview next month. 3 years ago she took a overseas trip in which she was away from the country for 177 days.

Even though this trip is still less than the official 6 months limit, how likely that this may cause her trouble during the interview?

If anyone has been in similar situation before, i would like to hear your experiences.

Thanks.

Are you a USC? Is she applying as the spouse of a USC based on the 3 yr rule? IF yes, it may fall outside the remedial statutory period.

Otherwise, not enough information has been provided to figure out if it of any consequence. Was the trip an isolated incident? What was the purpose and character of the trip? etc...

Besides this, she also took another 100 days and 90 days trip in the last 5 years.

The main reason she was away for such a long time was that we had twins, and she went back to home country to take rest after delivery.

No, I'm not USC. She is applying based on GC + 5 yeras rule.

Besides this, she also took another 100 days and 90 days trip in the last 5 years.

If the 90-day or 100-day trip was very close to the 177-day trip, she might have a problem. Did she keep the house/car/other major assets in the US while she was abroad for the 177 days? Were you married to her and living in the US when she was abroad for those long trips?