US Citizens in KC, Mo !

AlexanderG

Registered Users (C)
April 14th, my wife and I became two of the newest U.S. citizens. We enjoyed a short precessing time, friendly immigration personel and a great naturalization ceremony (impressive court building, millitary cadetts presenting the colors, local TV reporting, reception after the formal proceedings).
We came to the U.S. a little over eight years ago and I must say that from our perspective the US immigration system is very open and welcoming. 'Bad news' always make bigger headlines and naturally you hear also here more about tough cases, some guys who had really bad luck with the immigration. So I just wanted to add one more positive experience report to all who browse through the archive.
We have learned alot about immigration and I will of course stick around to give my opinion - for whatever it is worth - to those who want to read it.

Alex

P.S. Congrats also to the now All-American-JoeF !

Please post your application submission, fingerprinting and interview timelines.

Congratulations AlexanderG. Good to know that you had a pleasant experience. Did you take your kids to the ceremony?

Packer-Fan,

I did ... it was no problem at all - if our kids would have chosen to get out of control it might have been pretty difficult though. It's a good idea to have a video ipod with their favourite movie handy ... just in case :rolleyes: Luckily we did not have to fall back on that emergency solution. I heard thought that other oath preps and ceremonies can be very lengthy ... your court should be able to tell you what the schedule is.

Alex

P.S.

And with regards to another persons question about my timeline I would just respond that in my case the whole N400 precedure took just 6 months ... all that depends on so many factors for each individual case that I hardly can consider it to be useful information to offer a 'specific' (date-by-date) timeline. I think there is nothing worse than to have the feeling that you have to stare at your mailbox each day because you are 'supposed' to receive an important letter by then. Unless it is very obvious that something went wrong, one enjoys the shortest wait-time if one simply forgets about the waiting.