US Citizen sponsoring parent: How long is the wait?

rajeshpri

Registered Users (C)
If I have US citizenship (got thru GC) and I want to sponsor my father for USA Green Card(my father is currently an Indian Citizen) , is there any wait time after I become citizen before I can submit my father\'s GC application? And what is the process? And the approx processing time? I heard that Parents fall in immediate relative category and are not subject to any quota? Is this true? THANKS

No Title

You can file I-130 for you father right after you become a citizen. Processing times depend on where you live, could take longer than one year, or just a few months. Then there will be consular processing, also takes a few months.

No Title

No consulate will issue them visitor visa after the I-130 is filed. If they have B visa already, they can enter the US NOW, before I-130 is approved, they can file I-485 after they arrived. If they wait a few months for the consular processing, they will come to US as immigrants, no need to file I-485 which takes longer than 1 year.

I am in the process of being deported

I have file for asylum, but the justice departement has close my case.
The thing is, i have a son who is a US citizen. Do they have the right to deport me, because i a son born in the USA. Now they want to deport my son and i. What should i do, because the justice departement gave me 20 days to live this country. Please what i can do, to stay in this country. Because i need help thanks.

Re: Aplied for Asylum by Bjbah

You will probably need to get smart ass lawyer. I would start with Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna. I would call him ASAP. Here is his ph# from his website: (703) 908-4800. Call him before its too late.

Good luck

No Title

If your child is a baby or a minor child, he or she may need to accompany you back to your home country. If the child is older, say 14 and in school, the child may choose to stay in the US or to go with you. (Think about the Cuban boy Elian last year, the judge found he was too young to make a choice). Only when the child is over 21, he can sponsor your green card. So you need a good lawyer that can find other solutions for you now.

thanks for your advice song huang.

But still do they have the right to deport me. I have been here for 10 years. I never had a bad record. What i need is a good lawyer, even if it\'s expensive. And i do not want a lawyer, that says he or she can help me with my case. If he or she can fine,but if he or she can\'t help me i do not want to lost my money for nothing. That\'s what i am scared of. Because i do not have much time, i need a tuff lawyer. Do you have any more idea,to help me with. Because i do not want to go back to my country. And i do not want to jeapordize my son future. And he is also a baby,how can they take my son and i back home. In my country, they are lot of problem their. I do not know what to do anymore. Any advice thanks

Thanks for your advice Ardoole Daldoole.

His Mr.Rajiv S.Khanna a tuff lawyer. Can he help me with the deportation case. I know it\'s a hard case,but can he do that for me.In this particuliar case i really need a good lawyer, that can stop the deportation process. I do not want to go back to my country right now,i have been here for too long. It\'s not easy to live everything that you work so hard for. I am not going to do that, can you believe it. They gave me 20 days to live the country,wish is not easy. I have been here for 10 years. What can i do? thanks

joef

Thanks for your advice joef. But i have a common to make. Let say if were, in the same kind of situation. Would you live everything that you have work , so hard for and go back to your home land . I do not think so. It is easy for you to say that,but it\'s not easy for me.
thanks,

Sponsoring parents

I have couple of questions regarding sponsoring parents for GC after getting citizenship:-

1. Can you file the papers for sponsorship while your parents are in US?
2. If they already have multiple entry B visa, can they still enter US after filing the application?
3. How long does it take in California - SF?

How long is it likely to take for for one to get GC when sponsored by son, who is a US citizen?

An older person who is a Canadian citizen has his two sons in US, both as US Citizens. He wants to go to US and live with them on a long term basis, with full benefits of medicare and oldage security/pension? If his son sponsors him for GC, how long is it likely to take now to get it?
Also, is there any waiting period for him to get medicare and old age security/pension?
I\'d appreciate answers from knowledgeable people, with links to any official website.
Srini