US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

Covering letter for I-485 package

hi, I was trying to compose a draft of covering letter that will be included with I-485 package. I would appreciate if those of you who have already filled I-485 can copy and paste you covering letter after removing confidential information (like your name and case number etc).
I hope it will help others as well.

I received Choice of Agent form today from NVC. As far as I understand no need to fill it out if adjusting, but should I let them know that I plan to adjust?

I received Choice of Agent form today from NVC. As far as I understand no need to fill it out if adjusting, but should I let them know that I plan to adjust?

I don't think it really matters but I did call NVC and told them I was going to do AOS. And they changed my status to something like - they will wait for USCIS's notice and then return my files to USCIS for processing.

I don't think it really matters but I did call NVC and told them I was going to do AOS. And they changed my status to something like - they will wait for USCIS's notice and then return my files to USCIS for processing.

Folks, how NVC knew about you? I NEVER received anything from them.

mermaind, I had a question. I made appointment with catholic charities lawyer. Did they charge you a consultation fee as well, coz they asked me $40 consultation fee, I don't know what their processing fee for I-485 would be.
Regarding NVC I am going to write them that I would be doing AOS

Hi, I wasn't charged for consultation. It is a very simple case, just filing the paperwork. You should ask them how much they charge for adjustment of status filing. They should be able to tell you that without charging for consultation.

mermaind, I had a question. I made appointment with catholic charities lawyer. Did they charge you a consultation fee as well, coz they asked me $40 consultation fee, I don't know what their processing fee for I-485 would be.
Regarding NVC I am going to write them that I would be doing AOS

KittenKat,

If the beneficiary lives abroad, USCIS will forward his/her case to NVC. When the PD is about to become current NVC will contact the beneficiary and petitioner and send forms.

If the beneficiary lives in the U.S. and intends to do AOS USCIS is supposed to keep the case until he/she is able to submit I-485. In this scenario USCIS should never forward your files to NVC; and the beneficiary will not receive Choice of Agent form.

USCIS may have mistakenly forwarded my cases to NVC, though I indicated in I-130 that I'd be doing AOS. That's why I received the choice of agent form last June.

So the short answer to you question is - if you are going with AOS, you are not supposed to receive anything from NVC.

Folks, how NVC knew about you? I NEVER received anything from them.

Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining. I was in US when dad filed I-130, so I assume that's why they didn't contact me.

I was wondering what are the chances that July VB moves past November 2002 in FB1? Should I just go ahead and schedule a physical for next week before VB comes out?

mermaid, I wouldn't hurry. I think you still can, but even after it'll move you'll have lots of time for the exam. Exam takes just about a week (2 weeks if you want to run the blood for the shots).

A# from old EADs

For those who filed for adjustment and had EADs in the past associated with F1 visa:
Did you include the A# listed on EADs on adjustment forms where it requires an alien number?

Hey guys who submitted in June, I think you are the only ones still around maybe?

A few questions about filing:

1) Did you submit a a copy of your original birth certificate and translation of your birth certificate? I have an old notarized translation from 2000, is it going to work? or do I need to make a new notarization on the translation?

2) Did you send you apps by FEDEX or regular mail?

3) The A# question, see above post

Thanks!

Hey guys who submitted in June, I think you are the only ones still around maybe?

A few questions about filing:

1) Did you submit a a copy of your original birth certificate and translation of your birth certificate? I have an old notarized translation from 2000, is it going to work? or do I need to make a new notarization on the translation?

2) Did you send you apps by FEDEX or regular mail?

3) The A# question, see above post

Thanks!

1) A copy of the birth certificate and translation should be sufficient. I think the notarization from 2000 should be ok.

2) I sent mine via USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation. However, it was "refused by addressee" and is being returned to me. I'm still waiting for it to arrive to find out what happened. It's been a week since it was returned and it hasn't arrived. I would definitely use FedEx next time.

3) I left it blank as I never had an A#. If you had one my understanding is that you should put it in the form.

1) A copy of the birth certificate and translation should be sufficient. I think the notarization from 2000 should be ok.

2) I sent mine via USPS Priority with Delivery Confirmation. However, it was "refused by addressee" and is being returned to me. I'm still waiting for it to arrive to find out what happened. It's been a week since it was returned and it hasn't arrived. I would definitely use FedEx next time.

3) I left it blank as I never had an A#. If you had one my understanding is that you should put it in the form.

2) Thank you for letting me know. I was considering USPS priority 2 day delivery, but now it sounds like fedex is the way to go even if more expensive. Not too bad actually $15 for overnight delivery.

Did you mail it before or on June 1st? What date did you put on the forms with signature? That's weird that it was refused? Let me know how it goes. Are you planning to resend using FEDEX then?

I was thinking of dating it July 1st and mailing out June 30th, so it arrives on July 1st. Is that going to work?

3) Someone answered on this one. Basically you can include your OPT EAD A# on the forms, but they will assign a new A# anyway.

yes Fedex is always the best choice when you are sending documents to USCIS. Did you send it your self or you have a lawyer.
I am in contact with a lawyer who will charge $1000 for filling 485, it sounds too much, but it's still less than the quotes I have got for filling this type of case. these lawyer make lot of money and we cann't afford to take risk after investing all the time,money and energy (going through pain as well).
best of luck to every one for next bulletin. I hope this is the last for most of us here.