US Citizen filing for Green Card for Married sibling of age 28

AbuRaadiya

Hi,
My sister in law wants to apply for green card for my wife (her youngest sister). My wife's siblings are 2 other older sisters, both of he US Citizens. We currently reside in the US.

My wife's eldest sister wants to apply for Green Card for my wife. I would like to know if any of you have encountered this before and would like to know if this is possible.

Also please let me know what would happen to the process if we were to return back to India after the process has been initiated. Thanks.

- Abu Raadiya

It's impossible since your wife has to wait at least 12 years for available visa.
Hi,
My sister in law wants to apply for green card for my wife (her youngest sister). My wife's siblings are 2 other older sisters, both of he US Citizens. We currently reside in the US.

My wife's eldest sister wants to apply for Green Card for my wife. I would like to know if any of you have encountered this before and would like to know if this is possible.

Also please let me know what would happen to the process if we were to return back to India after the process has been initiated. Thanks.

- Abu Raadiya

The process will take 11+ years, during which the petition will not provide any legal basis to stay in the US while you wait, so you will have to leave the US unless you somehow find a way to maintain legal immigration status for that long. So your wife's sister should choose a consulate abroad for Q22 of the I-130, instead of picking adjustment of status.

If you have been inside the US illegally for long enough that you would be subject to the 10-year ban, you need to leave the US soon enough so that the 10-year ban will expire before your 11-year green card process becomes "ripe" for adjudication at the consulate.