US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

Yeay :)))) glad to see you happy, hope you get your interview date soon!

Hi every1, my case got completed too except that they have requested more supporting document which my Lawyer said fine before filing the documents. I have to file these extra documents again. Does any1 know that if embassy at the interview time request for more supporting doc then how long does it take for them to process it after they receive it. what i have to submit is i-864 with more people earnings on it.

Does anyone know if our folks attending interview abroad will have to pay another visa fee,other than the iv fee we paid here?

congrats noori.

can you tell me what questions were asked in the interview of your husband since i am from the same country.

thanks

congrats again

@ hippa, No they don't have to pay anything! I just called a minute ago and confirmed that with them!

Hi every1, my case got completed too except that they have requested more supporting document which my Lawyer said fine before filing the documents. I have to file these extra documents again. Does any1 know that if embassy at the interview time request for more supporting doc then how long does it take for them to process it after they receive it. what i have to submit is i-864 with more people earnings on it.

Hey syed m,
The document they asked from you AOS which maybe you don't have enough income to support your wife and kid so thats why they have asked you to get people with earnings to join their income with yours so you have enough income to bring your wife and kid thats all and i am pretty sure it takes about a month or so and how come NVC completed your case if they did not have all your papers together because my husband's PCC was missing and they did not complete his case till they recieved it, you got really lucky. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats noori.

can you tell me what questions were asked in the interview of your husband since i am from the same country.

thanks

congrats again

Hey mesam,
My husband's case has just got completed and forwarded to Islambad and he still has to receive his interview letter. I will let you know when he does get an intervies date ok.

Does anyone know if our folks attending interview abroad will have to pay another visa fee,other than the iv fee we paid here?
Hey hippa,
I had asked NVC about this topic and they told me not that they know of any other fee that maybe needed to be paid at the time of attending interview, they told me to contact the consulate at which he will be interviewed and ask.

k thanks
out of curosity like where you born citizen or through naturalization
cause the time period on it

thanks

Hi,

I am GC holder now. I married in India in November 2010. I filed the petition i-130 at California Service Center on Dec 2010.

Now, recently I filed my Citizenship and hopefully I will be USC by April 2011. My question is:

How do I changed the status on My I-130 Application? I worried because as GC holder, we have wait for priority date and as USC we don't have to wait for visa no. When I can change that status once I become USC so that my wife should not wait for visa No.

thanks,
Nepz06

@nepz06 you brought up a very good question. I had a family with a similar situation. she was a green card holder at the time she filed for I130 and she also applied N400 to become US Citizen! All I know is that once you become citizen anything you have filed for will automatically be updated to US Citizen! However, Call USCIS and find out if there is any paper work that you would need to submit! like adjustment of status! hope this helps and good luck in your journey!

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed my tax return jointly with my immigrant husband before the tax rebate stimulus package was announced. I do not understand why I am not eligible for my portion of the rebate. I can understand why he would not get the rebate, but why am I penalized? I am a hard-working US citizen with a valid SSN.

Thanks noori. I hope everything goes fast, smooth, with ease INSHALLAH TALA. for me and for you as well.

thats nice

good luck noori let us know how it goes

and good luck syed as well
'

how long it took you guys from submission to get it approved

Hi Rama2010

NO tecumseh he did not have to do anything like that! all I can tell you is after your I 130 gets approved, you will need to pay your IV and AOS fees and submit your DS230 and AOS package to NVC and wait until your interview date gets issued! I did call NVC and mentioned your question to them to see if we as a partner of our applicant need to put in special request to attend with our beneficiaries on their interview day and they said no! you or your applicant do not need to formally send an appointment request. We just need to wait for our interview dates. BTW, I am the US citizen and my husband is the applicant!

HI rama2010,
I got my dad's I 130 approved on Feb 2 2011. he is in india and he will be going through CP,in Chennai. What i read from all the above posts is that My dad will be recieving DS230, Should i wait till he send the completed DS230 to NVC chosing me as his agent, to pay the IV and AOS fee? When should i send the I 864? Can he make apint ment for medical exam now and get every thing ready? Please help me