US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

I read that for interview all copies that were submitted shud be taken,shud i send a copy of my passport to be taken for interview as im the usc?
Also,i have tax return copies but i forgot to make tax transcript copies,if my folks dont have it for their interview is that a major priblem?

well as long as your tax info and w2 info are on the tax return copies you don't need to send tax transcript. if you are not going to be with your family members for interview day they should have a copy of your citizenship certificate or your biographic page of your passport including everything you already submitted to NVC!

Hope this helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a US citizen and filed I-130 for my wife and sent I-130 with copie of my passport, citizenship certificate, marriage certificate G325A for both of us. Received I-130 Approved ! 15 days what is happen now what about my baby his name in the i 130 with my wife ???? do i need to call the NVC or wait for them to send me letter thank you all for your help

You need to wait until your folder moves to NVC, so you can then file for DS 230 and Affidavit of support. What do you mean by 15? you will basically list your baby's name under people that will be traveling with your wife to the united states, but only when you receive your AOS and DS-230 packages. did you receive the approval or just a receipt?

thanks for your response i mean by 15? i receive the approval notice in january 4 now you say that i need to list my baby's name under people that will be traveling with my wife in what form DS-230???? all my children under 21 years old can be joining us in the usa ?? so i need to what to receive the DS-230 packages ??

thanks for your response i mean by 15? i receive the approval notice in january 4 now you say that i need to list my baby's name under people that will be traveling with my wife in what form DS-230???? all my children under 21 years old can be joining us in the usa ?? so i need to what to receive the DS-230 packages ??

hey ahmedhadr2,
Listen once your case goes to NVC, they will assign you a NVC case number once you have case number than NVC will send your wife a DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent your wife has to choose a person for example she can write your name as her agent or herself to recieve any letters or packages from NVC. You can call NVC (603)-334-0700 it will show busy but keep trying till it rings and once once a representative picks up give them your USCIS receipt number and they will tell you if your NVC case number has been assigned, you can also ask the representative to give the NVC Case Number and the Invoice Identification Number to you so when you sign into this website https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx you can pay for the AOS fee if available and also if available for the IV fee and give your e-mail and your wives e-mail to recieve all your documents through e-mail which is alot faster than regular mail. Also answers to your questions, yes you list all of your children on form DS-230 and all your children under age of 21 can join you to the USA. You will have to wait for the Choice of address and agent first and pay the fees to get started with your AOS and DS-230. You can download these forms from the NVC website at www.travel.state.gov ok. Hope this helps you.

yes this helps me too much thank you i have the form im trying to fill the form and i will call NVC monday thank you

Hypoesse, Princess12,
Is anyone there???

I am guessing you have received your stamped passport and sealed envelope and other complete paperwork by now. Could either of you please tell me how many days it took in your case for you to receive the papers/passport from the consulate after your interview?

I am just trying to get a better handle of the days after the interview that my wife would be able to come as I need to do some planning and it would help. Thanks again.

Thanks All for sharing your experiences/progress in this thread!
My NVC stage has just been updated and recd email as follows>
The enclosed information pertains to < >'s interest in immigrating to the United States of America. The National Visa Center (NVC) has completed its processing of < > 's petition, case number <zyx123...>; and forwarded it to the American Embassy/Consulate.

I am checking to see whether those that have same stage completed, have their case status as "NVC 'approved'" or simply "NVC has completed"?

Thanks in advance for your help!

It's called "Completed" only. NVC can't approve/deny. That happens at the time of the interview. All NVC does is to collect fee and documents and make sure they get everything they need to "complete" the file before forwarding it to the Consulate. You will get an email/communication with the interview date over the next week or 10 days. Congrats!

Thanks All for sharing your experiences/progress in this thread!
My NVC stage has just been updated and recd email as follows>
The enclosed information pertains to < >'s interest in immigrating to the United States of America. The National Visa Center (NVC) has completed its processing of < > 's petition, case number <zyx123...>; and forwarded it to the American Embassy/Consulate.

I am checking to see whether those that have same stage completed, have their case status as "NVC 'approved'" or simply "NVC has completed"?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Should my husband request for his appointment for my interview time? - Advise needed!

Thanks much for that quick clarificaiton! JazzySingh!

Another Question)
My husband (a US Citizen) is planning on reaching India before my interview time. Would it be advisable for him to request an appointment (even though my interview letter didn't ask for spouse to be available for interview) along with me? Are there negatives/positives? Any feed back Team may have is very much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

I would encourage your husband to be present for your interview day! however, it is not required! but I am a us citizen and I am planning to go with my husband for his interview day! I believe, they seem to care to see the US citizen with the beneficiary or atleast that how it is in US consulate in Ankara!

Rama2010, did your husband formally send an appointment request?

Thanks Rama!
Can you please let me know the process to get simultaneous appointment for spouse?

Thanks in advance!

NO tecumseh he did not have to do anything like that! all I can tell you is after your I 130 gets approved, you will need to pay your IV and AOS fees and submit your DS230 and AOS package to NVC and wait until your interview date gets issued! I did call NVC and mentioned your question to them to see if we as a partner of our applicant need to put in special request to attend with our beneficiaries on their interview day and they said no! you or your applicant do not need to formally send an appointment request. We just need to wait for our interview dates. BTW, I am the US citizen and my husband is the applicant!

hi i send my DS-230 and i call the NVC they say you need to file new file i130 to your baby is this right even if the baby 2 year

i 130

Dear every one,

I have been following all the threads from april congrats to every one princess, thadka, noori.

for every one
my i 130 notice date is 19th November 2010
priority date is 17th November

will keep everyone posted

my wife has applied from me, she is a us citizen by birth and i am in Pakistan Karachi area

thanks

Dear every one,

I have been following all the threads from april congrats to every one princess, thadka, noori.

for every one
my i 130 notice date is 19th November 2010
priority date is 17th November

will keep everyone posted

my wife has applied from me, she is a us citizen by birth and i am in Pakistan Karachi area

thanks

hey mesam,
welcome to thread. My husband is also in Karachi Sindh Pakistan he is born in Karachi Pakistan but background is Afghani.

hello Noori

thats nice to hear, i am originally from karachi lived abt 12 years in states on H4, then changed to F1 status and i left in 2005 to dubai since i got a good job.

now just got married on august 17th and my wife was like lets go to states so i am like okay.

she stayed with me for 5 months and just left last week to stats cause of her residency.

Hey Thakda,
How did your wife's interview go? I hope it's all good. Could you please post the experience in detail in terms of the questions asked and so forth?

Hey guys,
My husband's case got completed feb. 1, I am so happy. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: