US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

My case got completed on Jan 3, just checked the status over the phone and also talked to them. They said as soon as my visa number becomes available, then they will issue an interview date. I just hope it will be soon!

My case got completed on Jan 3, just checked the status over the phone and also talked to them. They said as soon as my visa number becomes available, then they will issue an interview date. I just hope it will be soon!

Hey guys,
happy new years to all of you i have a question are you guys taking your police Clearance certificate to the interview or sending it to NVC?

@ noorilove:
well, in my case my husband did not to get one, but I think in your case your husband needed to send one police certificate to NVC and he needs to take one with him at the time of the interview!

Thankyou mvram,did u get ur interview date yet?
What r the next precedures,medical,courier fee and visa processing fee..as far as i know,anytHIng else?

Shud they get a demand draft for equivalent of 400$ for visa fee?
Is it for each parent or both parents together?
Can medical be done two weeks prior?
What shud they take for interview if all needed originals have been submitted?
Thanks ans sorry about all these questions..

hi hipaa,
my interview date is on feb22nd...medical can be done 3weeks prior to interview..coz the physician may take 4 to 7 days to prepare the medical results... photocopy of all the original documents should be submitted to vfs office 15days prior to the interview...nd vfs will give a receipt for all documents left wit it.. nd also ask them to pay a courier fee of Rs.387/- by cash for each applicant...its also better to take a photocopy of all the documents to interview too.. regarding demand draft i ve no idea..im sorry..let me know nd tell u...gud luck 2 ur parents...

Hey PRINCESS12 and HYPOESSE,

I am guessing your interviews are done. Could you please post your experiences in terms of what all documents you took with you, what all they asked and how many days would it take for you to receive the paperwork back before you/your spouse is ready to fly?

Thakda dude - My wife's case got completed finally and her interview is scheduled for 8th Feb. I would be looking forward to your updates as well after Jan 27th.

Thanks much all. Please do post and oblige. We have all been a team and it's just the final stretch.

What docu need to be taken by parents for greencard interview,all needed docu have been sent to nvc,shud i send all tax related papers and i864 docu again to them. For interview?is it needed?

I think hippa, it wouldn't hurt for them to take everything you already sent to nvc for the interview day! let's just imagine for a second that if they go and they ask do you a have copy of your so and so paper??? better be safe than sorry! check with nvc just to be sure!

K3 after I-130

Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for some time now and I am glad to find a place where everyone is cooperative and I can get some genuine help.

My question to any one who can answer this is - Has anyone filled K3 visa (which is meant to reduce the physical separation b/w spouses) after receipt of I-130 and if yes did it help, if no, then can someone advice, is it more pain than help?

I am getting ready to file I-130 for my wife soon and I am sending

I-130 (filled and signed by me)
G-325a (filled and signed by me)
G-325a (filled and signed by my wife)
2 passport size photos
My US passport front page copy
Naturalization cert copy
Marriage Certificate.
My wifes school cert for DOB proof.
Marriage Photos

Also, based on your experiences, please advice if I should be sending some thing else along with above items for Petition.

Thanks in advance...

Jazzy Singh congratsss! Good luck to you and ThakDha both...

I'd be more than glad to narrate my interview experience here to help you guys prepare tad bit more...

I carried photocopies of all documents/packages that we ever sent to the NVC for proof of the case. Also, I carried with me evidence of the relationship and wedding/marriage. Along with that, I carried copy of the Petitioner's latest Tax returns (it's required as per the travel.state.gov website). I took a few 2x2 inches white background passport pictures, my passport, the Appointment letter (that mentions the interview date) and my Medical Exam report.

I have to tell you guys however that if you never sent originals of the documents to NVC and rather photocopies then do take originals of those documents to the Interview (ESP. the birth certificate, police certificate and the marriage certificate).

Questions asked were:
1. Who has filed for you?
2. Where does he live?
3. Where does he work?
4. What have you done here? (Education...and job)
5. What do you do now?
6. What do you want to do when you move to the US?
7. When was the last time you went to the US? On what type of visa etc?
8. When did you get married?
9. How did you meet?

After this, the Immigration Office congratulated me on the Visa Approval and told me it'll reach through courier in my city. It was a good experience overall and the interview was friendly. If you guys have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Goodluck!

P.S. I notice there are quite a few "New" people on this forum... I only want to clarify that this thread is for the I-130, spouse visa for people whose spouses are physicaly distanced due to the Visa. PLEASE, this interview experience too is not going to be any help for your Greencard related questions. Please do not confuse :s

Yeayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so happy to hear that hypo, congratulations! hope you receive it and come to the States soon!

Congrats to Hypoesse and Jazzy!!! Sorry guys, haven't logged in to this thread in awhile. Thanks for keeping this thread going guys. Hope it's helpful for people filing I-130 in future. Gluck!!

Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for some time now and I am glad to find a place where everyone is cooperative and I can get some genuine help.

My question to any one who can answer this is - Has anyone filled K3 visa (which is meant to reduce the physical separation b/w spouses) after receipt of I-130 and if yes did it help, if no, then can someone advice, is it more pain than help?

I am getting ready to file I-130 for my wife soon and I am sending

I-130 (filled and signed by me)
G-325a (filled and signed by me)
G-325a (filled and signed by my wife)
2 passport size photos
My US passport front page copy
Naturalization cert copy
Marriage Certificate.
My wifes school cert for DOB proof.
Marriage Photos

Also, based on your experiences, please advice if I should be sending some thing else along with above items for Petition.

Thanks in advance...

Your list looks abt right Sachin.

Here is my two cents on K3 visa. For most people the time line for IR1/CR1 and K3 approval is abt the same. So, ur pretty much wasting ur money and time filing for K3. Hope it helps. Gluck!

Dear Sachin,

1. I 130 and passport pictures
2. marriage certificate translated and certified
3. proof of citizenship
4. g325
5. my husband's birth certificate
6. flight info
7. phone records
8. email since we started dating in 2007 until the day I sent our package which was in june 2010 for each month I picked two and the list of all emails also. our facebook profiles, facebook messages, our orkut profiles.
9. pictures of items purchased for our future home which is about 3 closets full of appliances
10. picture of gifts my husband got me for different occasion like for valentine's days, birthdays, and wedding
11. letter from my employer
12. bank statement
13. affidavits from family members and friends that they attended our wedding or they could not attend our wedding and why
14. wedding invitation
15. our love story
16. pictures of different occasions including engagement and wedding parties and honeymoon
17. our wedding film in DVD

*I put the employee letter only because I applied for him for k1 before and they did not give him fiance visa ,so I had to resign from my job to go back home to get married and come back and petition for I 130, so I put the employer letter in my package.

*bank statement only because I and my husband have a joint account in Iran

hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Sachin as far as K3, since I have not heard of it before, I won't be able to give you any advice!

Sachin, I will leave you my email address here, if you ever needed any help email me!

Last edited by a moderator: