US citizen filed I-130 for wife in India April 2010

I called USCIS today to put in a service request (as I was told to do so). The lady over the phone told me that CSC is currently processing I-130 from March 16th, and she cannot put in a service request for another 16 days..

Hey Thakdha how did you find out your priority date? What does it mean? What would mine be??
Shouldn;t they be giving you a decision in max 16 days then? Is that what she meant?

Your priority date is the Receipt date as USCIS registers in their systems. It's the same date as their site shows when you check your case status where they say something like "On 3rd April, we received your application and mailed you a notice....blah blah"

It's definitely a few days after you had sent your application.

Hey Thakdha how did you find out your priority date? What does it mean? What would mine be??
Shouldn;t they be giving you a decision in max 16 days then? Is that what she meant?

That may be true but I know for sure that a guy whose application had a date of March 30th was approved on August 1st. It's possible they went to the backdate, perhaps because of high volume of apps filed around that time or the lady is simply lying to get you off her back. In any case, what is the Priority Date of your application? It sounds like it's April 1st from what you say. Assuming that, it really has been 5 months since that date and they should try to research and approve your case ASAP. It's definitely concerning that it's going past the five months window and the lady at USCIS wouldn't even put in a service request.

I called USCIS on sept 1st, she told me that CSC was working on processing I-130 for March 31st. She told me if i don't hear anything about my case on sept than to give them a call back on oct 1st. I have any of you been told anything different.

Last edited by a moderator:
guys,
I'm so sorry for not replying, but I'm jst tired of this people lying to us. jst dont want to think abt this anymore, its making it worse as I think abt this more and more...my priority date is Apr 1st (even though the received date is Apr 8th, dont know why?)

I called USCIS on sept 1st, she told me that CSC was working on processing I-130 for March 31st. She told me if i don't hear anything about my case on sept than to give them a call back on oct 1st. I have any of you been told anything different.

2nd September 2010 09:06 PM #21

I called USCIS today to put in a service request (as I was told to do so). The lady over the phone told me that CSC is currently processing I-130 from March 16th, and she cannot put in a service request for another 16 days..

technically, Thakdha, they should've given you some sort of response for your case till now right? it's been a week over five months right?? God, I really don;t know how things work around there... I just hope everything happens quickly and smoothly for all of us - we're all in line one after the other.
ThakDha, Why don't you try calling USCIS again?? And this time tell them your case has been over due and five months have already been completed and there has not been any response whatsoever.

I just called them again! Customer Service rep transferred me to one of their "Officers". she was able to put in a service request since my case has been out of the normal processing time. I asked her what's the current date at CSC for I-130 case processing, she said there is no way for them to check, and did not know how the other lady last time was able to check (which was March 16th) . any case, this officer was able to put in a service request, and told me that I should expect some response from CSC on how far they are in my case before Sep 23rd. Not that my case will be approved by then, but I will hear on what's going on with my case by Sep 23rd...:mad:

applied march 23rd n notice date march 31st

HI Guys..i have sum similar concerns. It's been over 5 months since i received my approval. Called USCIS couple times and been hearing similar stuff such as..still processing applications from march 16th. My Cousin applied on March 23rd and got her approval 2 months ago. Im still not understanding anything myself. Very much Worried. I finallly got them to put in request to see wht is going on with my case.

Hey THAKDHA...wHT DAY DOES IT SAY FOR U WHEN U LOG ON TO USCIS TO CHECK UR STATUS. WHT DATE DID THEY START UR CASE ON..SEEMS LIKE WE R ON SAME PAGE. I PUT IN MY REQUEST YESTERDAY AND SHE HAD TOLD ME THE SAMTHING AS U. KEEP IN TOUCH..KEEP LETTIN ME KNW WUZ HAPPENING.

my Last updated is Aug 18th, but ths due to the error they fixed in my address. They made a typographical error in my address and I had tht corrected. But, other than that my case hasn't had any changes. If u don't mind me asking did u send ur documents to Chicago Lockbox as well? It seems like people who sent their applications to CHicago lockbox are getting delayed compare to other people who's apps are still at CSC...

Hi guys. i just wanted to let you guys know that my case is being processed with california service center. when i had called uscis sept 1st the lady had told that they were working on march 31st. just wanted to make everything clear.

That is really weird beause i called on the 1st of september as well and they told me dey r still processing March 16th Applications. If they were workin on case of march 31st thn mine should have been processed because mine was march 31st but i have not received anything. Dey'r tellin every1 differnt things. ***THAKDHA....i only sent my doctuments to California...i did not send it to chicago. Have you heard anything else Thakdha?

hey guys, well which ever lady you guys talked was lying because i also forgot to tell you guys that my brother filed for his wife and his receipt date is march 31st and he got a letter to send 2 passport like pictures and that his marriage certificate was not registered so he got all that fixed and sent now they are reviewing his evidence that he addmited so that means csc is working on march 31st. thats all i wanted to let you guys know.

he got the request on august 15th or 16th its been a while and now they have recieved all his evidence and they are working on it. he had also called uscis what day of the week do they update and the lady had told him on monday of every week. so hopeful we hear something about our cases next week. because mine will 5 months on thursday of next week.

Noori,
What do you mean when you say the marriage cert was not registered? Do you really mean notarized? Also, I am not sure how USCIS told some people these processing dates because when I had called they said they don't know what date they are processing the case for.

Also, I know two guys one with March 23rd whose case was approved on July 20th and another from Mar 30th whose case was approved on August 1st. I am not sure if everyone went on vacation for a month after that. This is going really bad.

he got the request on august 15th or 16th its been a while and now they have recieved all his evidence and they are working on it. he had also called uscis what day of the week do they update and the lady had told him on monday of every week. so hopeful we hear something about our cases next week. because mine will 5 months on thursday of next week.

dear all, i really need to your help would be appreiciate,my wife is us citizen she live in var i got maried earlier in march 27 2010, she applied i130 in aprile 16 2010 and, my case is still pending in USCIS, they havent approved it yet?? would you please tell me how long they take to approve the case and also after they approve then how long the whole process takes. Its has been 5 months in this week and i havent heard anything from USCIS, the case is pending :(
Thanks please do let me know